I Believe in Mornings | Teen Ink

I Believe in Mornings

By Skyler Haines GOLD, Ormond Beach, Florida
Skyler Haines GOLD, Ormond Beach, Florida

I believe in mornings.

As I am growing older, I have learned that arguments are avoidable, but bickering is practically inevitable. After about two years in a relationship with someone, instead of looking past the little flaws, people start to get critical, and little things, like driving too fast or snoring, will start to be a bother.

Even though bickering is an exasperating attribute to relationships, I realize that no matter what happens or what is said, when I wake up the next morning things will be okay again.

I realize that
we will survive,
we will still love each other,
and we will grow.In the light of the new day I see the flaws in our battle, know its insignificance, and am glad to say that it makes us stronger. I realize that mornings are new beginnings filled with old loves from days before, and hope, love, and happiness wake with the light.

I realize that no matter what happens,
everything will be okay when the sun rises again.

So, I believe that mornings are for sunshine and feeling alive, for a fresh start and fresh fruit for breakfast. Mornings are for being happy, even when your day may turn sour by nightfall, for the first kiss of the day, first “hello,” first hug. Mornings are for driving, listening to your favorite song. Perhaps you'll get lucky and an old favorite that had slipped your mind will come on.

And when you get where you're going,
even if you're not happy anymore,
at least you had a special morning.

And you can look forward to the next one.