Spades | Teen Ink

Spades

By Pameliyah.1202 BRONZE, High Ridge, Missouri
Pameliyah.1202 BRONZE, High Ridge, Missouri

God Will Take You Far, All You Have To Do Is Believe In Him And Yourself
Bless The Broken Road!

Being A Student At School Is A Game Of Spades.

Play Your Cards Right You'll Be At The Top, Play Your Cards Wrong You'll Be A Loser, A Nobody, A Wallflower.

The Ignorance Of The Other Students Is Like The Reaction Your Partner Gives You When You Play A Bad Hand.

The Game Is Tricky And Confusing, As Is That Person You've Had A Crush On Since 4th Grade.

You Trust that Your Partner Will Have Books, Like You Trust Your Friend To Keep Your Secrets.

The Different Type Of Suits Are Like The Different Types Of People

? Clubs Being The Two Faced People, They'll Tell Anyone And Everyone About What You Said About Little Old Cindy Lou

? Hearts Being The Heartbreakers, They Go Around Going From Person To Person Just Because The One They Really Want Isn't There

? Diamonds Being The Intelligent One, Also Know As "Nerds" Or "Geeks". They Are Superior Of Others Mentally But Not Physically

? Spades Being The "Popular People" Or The "Cool Kids", They Think Their Higher Than Everyone Else.

So, What's Your Suit?

Sweetman67 said...
Great poem son! Love it

Rachie said...
My niece wrote this!!!!

TaylorCortre BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
This is one of those pieces of writing that will touch people. It's deeper than it appears, and brings tears to the eyes of those who can relate to it, or even yurn for it in their own way. Keep writing, you are going places.

on Oct. 10 2015 at 8:59 am
Planet03 BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri

I'm just a person going through life. That's what we're all doing, so why do we give each other a hard time?

What if we're in the middle?