Healin Heart? | Teen Ink

Healin Heart?

By KaylaRock BRONZE, Fairmont, West Virginia
KaylaRock BRONZE, Fairmont, West Virginia

........... the heart beats... the rhythm uneven....it's broken... and is in need of mending... it aches... and, yet, it continues... it bleeds...and, yet, it's unscathed...the pieces scattered...yet, still in tact....it races at the slightest touch... yet shies from such touch...it wants... but fears.... it needs.... but can't receive... love is it's desire.... not just a four letter word... but a promise of tomorrow... wielding itself to forgive... forgetting the art of forgiveness... lust flowing fluently through some veins... absent from these.... forever love is the prize... champion yet undefined... . the heart beats... the rhythm uneven... the ache is dulling.... and, yet, it continues... it's bandaged..... yet, still unscathed.... the pieces roughly colliding.... yet, still in tact... it races at the slightest touch.... yet shies from such touch... it wants.... but fears less... it needs... but is learning to receive.... love is still it's desire.... more than a four letter word..... but promise for forever.... wielding itself to forgive... and learning what forgiveness really means... forever love is still the prize... and the champion maybe defined.... the heart beats.... and that heart is all your's....