My Feelings | Teen Ink

My Feelings

By Sophia Marx BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Sophia Marx BRONZE, Sacramento, California

I feel my hand is a dragon. A dragon I can't control. Just like my mind, friends, and family. My mind wandered free and it left me behind. My friends are right along with it and my family.

It's like words are coming out but it's not really me talking. It's like my body is at school, but it is really wishing it could be free, but the fact is it is and so is my mind it just has to know where it is going to run.

I feel I have no place on the earth. I have this feeling in my gut like I am going to fall off the face of the earth. Like I want to get my work done, but me and my mind tell me to go play.

I know I have control I just have to find it some where in there. Like it is so crowded in my mind. I have so much to worry about. But yet really I have nothing to worry about. I wish I could run, but there is nowhere to run. My mind always catches up with me.

"These are all my words. No one else's. I was feeling sad, so I wrote what I felt, and I felt better.'

Mrs. Summers said...
Wow! What a poet! You've got places to go, Sophia, and I am glad I get to join you on this part of your journey.