The Door and The Floor | Teen Ink

The Door and The Floor

By Miamilee GOLD, Hewitt, New Jersey
Miamilee GOLD, Hewitt, New Jersey

You can go, he said as he pointed to the door
So I got up and walked across the dingy floor
What makes you think you can be more than what you already are?
He asked me as I walked into his shadow
The chains may be broken, he continues, but your soul is still mine
Your feet, your hands, your mind, your very breath belongs to me
And you can walk across this floor and out that door and you can say you are free
But let me tell you something that you don’t want to hear, but you know it’s true
As the sky is blue, you will come back to me, there is no way to fight it
He then laughed a evil laugh and said,
This is all you know and all you’ll ever know
You may be free, but you’re still and will always be a slave
Even when you die you’ll still be mine
I, now only being a step away from the door, turned around and faced him
It is true that I was a slave, I tell him, And it is true that I may leave without knowing what is in store for me, but that’s alright, its okay, because all my life I was a slave doing what you told me to do, but now I’m free, free to live my own life, by my own rules, And yes it may be true that I may by simple foolishness or programming might come back here, but that’s okay as well, because there is one thing you are forgetting, I told him
And what is that? he asked
No matter what happens, no matter how many times I may come back and how long I stay, there is absolutely nothing that you can no longer do to stop me from walking across this floor and out this door, I strongly replied to him
And with that I walked out the door, leaving that place, leaving him trembling in fear and anger, fear and anger over the fact that now I, the slave was now free from him, the master and I will for then on and forever always be free

you know said...
on Mar. 30 2009 at 7:34 pm
I love your work. Cant wait to read more in the future