Depressed and Dreaming | Teen Ink

Depressed and Dreaming

By Samia BRONZE, Markham, Other
Samia BRONZE, Markham, Other

Awakening is suffering,
Please let me dream.
How slow the seconds pass by as I wait
To go back into a deep slumber,
To no longer lie awake.

I lie awake dreaming of you;
When will you let me escape?
I am trapped.
Leave me be;
I can do anything in my world of sleep.

What inspired me to write this piece was my love of sleep. During high school all I would do was sleep, and if I were awake, I would not feel so great. But of course, who would feel great when they had overslept!

Phoenix. said...
on Apr. 18 2013 at 11:01 am
Phoenix., Pittsfield, Pennsylvania
I love the feeling you express in this poem in the few words you give <3

sadia said...
on Feb. 26 2009 at 11:18 pm
i really like this poem

reminds me of myself!!!

on Feb. 19 2009 at 7:15 pm
I really like this poem. Very well written. I do love sleeping myself, and getting up after you've over slept does suck majorly. The worst thing about oversleeping is waking up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep, until mourning and then ur tired again. XD some call me lazy, but i disagree 8-)

WajihaT said...
on Feb. 19 2009 at 8:03 am
Samia this poem is wonderful! I too think the same about dreaming and the world. I like how u ended ur poem by saying "I can do anything in my world of sleep"...its sooo true!! People love to dream becuz they have the freedom to b themselves in them....ur poem is very general, thus EVERYONE can relate to it!!! Overall, a very nice poem for people of all ages to enjoy!! =]

sid said...
on Feb. 19 2009 at 12:36 am
hey

this is a really cool poem, from what i understand , you would rather go to sleep then stay awake because when you are asleep, you are free and can dream but when you are awake, you are always thinking of that person so there is no escape

haha

nice one and keep it up!