Freedom is beauty | Teen Ink

Freedom is beauty

By Ashleyvdb8 BRONZE, Parker, Colorado
Ashleyvdb8 BRONZE, Parker, Colorado

Everything is okay in the end if it's not okay then it's not the end

The sound of gravel hits the tires and the smell of summer blows past. I look and see flowers, and the fields of grass I’ve only dreamt of. The taste of freedom on my tongue. This is when I realized true beauty is more than a mascara bottle and lipstick. Beauty is having the confidence in yourself to achieve anything.

The cotton trees called my name and the river ran to catch up. Sometimes I forget to look at the positives in, the loveliness of life. I step out of the car and hit the ground with a crunch. One look and I was done running, dancing, racing around trying to catch the feelings in my hands so they never went away. I dipped my feet in the cool, crisp river letting it pass me. I layed on the blanket of grass.

There is beauty in letting go it’s time to let my worries fly away.  Everything was too good to be true here at the gate from childhood to adulthood. I knew when I left I would leave the past in the past, enveloping the future with open arms. As I passed every flower, every weed, every rock and every leaf making sure to take it all in before it all became a distant memory.
I realized life was like a seed and you have to make sure to plant it with love and lots of patience. Understanding that it won’t be perfect but it will be what it will be. I took one last look at the landscape saying one last goodbye to it. I got into the car and drove away watching the beauty fade away.