One Thousand Forgotten Dreams

They are the only ones who consume our sleep. We are the only ones who create them. One thousand forgotten dreams containing a million prayers that will be left unanswered. One thousand that come and go with the changing light. One thousand who capture our deepest fears and our darkest secrets. They fade into the morning light: out of sight, out of mind.

Their knowledge is endless. They send emotions whirling through the night. They put fear in our eyes and hope in our hearts and force the dreamer into a world where nothing is as it seems. This is their magic.

Let the dreamer become immersed in this fantasy, for they will wake to find it was nothing more than just a dream, one to be soon forgotten. Sleep, Sleep, Sleep they cry. Dream once more. They inspire.

When hope is gone, shattered, and broken, they revive the soul, reaching down to its very depths. When love has vanished, been torn away without warning. One thousand will comfort you. One thousand will encourage, but only for one night. Then they are gone, never to be remembered as anything more than a forgotten dream.