That Girl | Teen Ink

That Girl

See that girl over there in the corner?
She sits there all the time.
She wants to be somebody,
She wants to loved and accepted.

That girl has never had a boyfriend,
She probably never will.
That girl is beautiful on the inside, could be on the outside too.
But you will never know.
She hides behind thick glasses, ugly braces, and a book all day long.

That girl is just like me and you but yet she is still so different...What is so different about her you ask...I guess I really do not know.
I guess it is because she is not so wrapped up in this world like the rest of us are.

That girl gets picked on by the rich, snobby kids every day but there she stands.

No one ever knew this but I guess they do now... That girl was me!!!

If this poem does not make any sense it is because I am about delusional right now!!!

Thank you guys for the great comments. I actually didn't think this poem would do that well. I wrote because I was bored at like 3:00 in the morning! But just so ya'll know, that was me about 3 years ago. I have changed a lot! I now go to a different school, I have great friends, and I have had an awesome boyfriend for almost two years now!!! Oh yeah, I don't where glasses anymore either because I finally convinced my mom to get me contacts!!! Well that's about it! Ya'll should read my other poem The Soldier's Cry!!! Thanks again!!!!

on Jan. 20 2009 at 12:49 am
Dayumm i dont kno u but dis poem is sorta deep....i kno wat u mean...i hide behind glasses...but im still outgoin...u kno gurl?? keep doin wut u doin!!

Me:) said...
i am currently "that girl". great poem.

Forky said...
Sense? It makes perfect sense. But that's the probelm, now isn't it? Most people wouldn't understand the try feeling in the poem unless they had experienced something similar. Most teenagers just don't understand that people who are different from them have feelings as well.