Assassins

Assassins

Branches wiping past your face as you race breathlessly through the trees. Roots reaching up from the forest floor tripping you restlessly. Halting stiffly next to a stout tree you quickly try to catch your breath and look around you for danger. Finding non you face forward again and then you see them. Closing in on all sides you see five shadowy figures closing in on you. You are surrounded.

Silently your assassins come closer not caring they are seen, stealth is not important anymore. They have played with you for too long now it was time to get the job over with.

Bending down you pick up a stout tree branch, as you start to rise you are suddenly struck by something hard in the back. Knocking you down to your knees confused you rise again only to be struck in the back again. Staggering forward you can’t find anything to hold onto. You reach behind you feeling your way along your back to find the cause of the pain. You feel a long shaft sticking out of your back alarmed you turn around just in time to see another arrow wising through the air towards you. You drop to your knees your arms swinging uselessly by your sides. You keel over sideways and reseed into darkness unable to feel the next three arrows that enter your body. You have already slipped through the dark veil of our world to the next.

Griffinwing said...
Aug. 21, 2009 at 4:03 am
There are a lot of run ons and fragments, but I like the article. It's very mysterious and dark, very intriguing. Try blending sentences together to make it flow better.

swimmergirl said...
This is really good and very to the point. Oh yeah and thanks for the comment on "Working my Way Up" my teacher and classmates were hanging on their seats. Check out my other work =D