One

Sometimes you have a whole world
And then it disappears
You can’t see it anymore
What used to be assuring
Now comes back to haunt me

Feeling so unneeded,
So easy to look over
Like I shouldn’t be here
I have no idea what I’m doing
Just blankly standing there
Alone on a long, long road
The seems to have no end

I thought this feeling wouldn’t return
But I was wrong.
It seems almost worse than ever
Will this numbness leave?
Can I fight this once again?

I can’t give up-
To give up would mean to die
And I want to love my life
But what is there to love
When there is only you?

Frizzil15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think this is an excellent poem. To me it seems that you took all of your feelings out and laid them on the paper. And i totally understand how the name of the poem connects to it. You named it "One" because you are the only one. Theres no one else but you. You feel like the only person you have is yourself. Correct? .......Check me out.!!

Schubster said...
love this poem!!! it really connects with the reader :) great job.

mia-tia said...
Jul. 8, 2009 at 4:37 am
this was great!!! check out my stuff. please

angel8894 said...
Jul. 8, 2009 at 2:42 am
I love this. I can really relate to it.

Becca87 said...
i can relate.. this makes me think about what its like when you lose someone that meant a lot to you, and you can't really define yourself without them. great job. :)

rockitxrells said...
awesome... but i sorta agree w/ Teenqueen.. i dont really understand how the title relates to the poemm, but it's all good.. it's all YOURS! :) check out my poem too.. i'm new to this thing, lol

DinosoarJen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really great. It reminds me so much of whats going on inside my head... Im glad someone could get it out of there. Maybe you could read some of my stuff sometime. Tell me what you think.
TeenInk.com/search.php?raw=raw

XXcrazy_amazingXX said...
This is really good... Your a good writer. This poem seems so real. I know some people who probably feel like this a lot. So anyway, keep up the good work. =]

unearthlyhaphazard said...
Jul. 7, 2009 at 11:56 am
Aw, very sad! Great poem, though. Just one suggestion: Can you add similies, metaphors, or other poetic elements to enhance the melancholy feeling? The first stanza is my favorite! Your language is very strong and powerful, which is good. I'm sorry you were in a down. :-( I hope you're feeling better!!!

Teenqueen said...
Jul. 7, 2009 at 5:27 am
hi...nice job!!i think your poem is great:)But how is the title connected to the matter in the poem?Could you please explain that to me?
Can you also see if you like my poem?