The Broads Darkness | Teen Ink

The Broads Darkness

By .riley.bonjour.la.freek. GOLD, Charlotte, North Carolina
.riley.bonjour.la.freek. GOLD, Charlotte, North Carolina

It's not about where you are, it's about who you are. -Riley (me)
do you remember when you were four, and everything was possible? I remember those days, but dang, i gotta get back to reality. -Riley (me)

The moon is still out at 7:00 am. I dont know why I am so depressed. I kick the leaves as I am walking alone. Is it because i am mad or because i am solitary. The sun is coming up, i better go home, i must stay in bed all day and wake up at night as a nomad. The sun's ray is shining upon me, the childrens laugh is making me greive. My friend and I used to laugh, it was my happy days. I miss him; I guess that's why I am so dishearted. I wonder, i just wonder, does he miss me? I am home now, everyone is still asleep. I lie in my bed as I have thoughts running through my mind. I can't go to sleep, I am to depressed. Thats the reason why my days are dark and my nights are the time for me to be a nomad.

Hi, my name is Riley. I go to maddle school and I love to draw and write poetry. I was in fifth grade when I wrote this poem and I forgot about it for a while. I found it and realized how much effort I put into it. I hope you like it!

BaileyBaby13 BRONZE, Enumclaw, Washington
Sad. Really sad, but completely relatable and realistic. Don't stop writing!,(: