Rain

Rain
A substance hard to describe.
You cannot scent a candle like it.
Nor can grasp it in your hand and feel it.
Slapping the ground like it has something to be mad about.
Smacking umbrellas like their in it's way.
Smell like new refrigerator,
And touch like liquid silk.
Sound like a million, tiny elephants running across a palm.

iwriter42 said...
now i'm going to think about your poem every time it rains!!  great job

ideaspazz said...

I thought the candle scenting part was beautiful.  I'd never thought of it this way.  :) Great job and love all your other writing. 

*IZZI*

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 7, 2010 at 4:57 am
Wonderful. I love it.

awesomeaugust This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thanks so much for all of the comments! I wrote this long time ago so I think I could have made it better, but as it was my first article on teenink, It's probably the one I'm proudest of. :) look forward to reading work from all of you! ~sofia~

Holmes replied...
Not bad ata all. You SHOULD be proud of it. Really good. ;)

JesusFreak20 said...
You sure have elucidate your gist about that soothing substance, I felt encrusted with those sprinting elephants as I read this one. Extravagant poem =]

francheeze88 said...
Nov. 15, 2009 at 10:39 am
Yeah, I really like this one.

Zero_K This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love rain! I especially like the smell after it rains, so fresh. Great poem!
-Blessed Be!
+++ZERO+++

Paig3Cagl3 said...
This poem has great flow and insight.
I really enjoyed it.
Lovely poem darling =]
-Please check out the works that I have posted on here it would be highly appreciated and I think you would greatly enjoy them, Thankk youz-
XxThe Whole Time You Were Talking I Didnt Hear A Single Word You Said B/C Th3 Whole Time You Were Talking I Was Picturing You DeadXx

kpf1991 said...
Hey could you check out "anguish" or "They see through me" and rate it or just let know what you think? you have great talent and i'd really appreciate your input

alex9426 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i really really like your poem. it brings a new perspective to rain. check out my poem "rain and hope"

Annabelle7614 said...
I like the flow of this poem, it's, well, poetic!
Please read my article and rate and comment. It's called perfect rain, so it's alot like this one, except it's not a poem. : )

Sar27 said...
tiny elephants! what a new simile i've never heard. common things like rain are difficult to write about because so many people do, but you made it different!

ihunt said...
b-e-a-utiful ha

Nicole R. said...
I liked this poem. I liked how it made you think of such a simple concept as rain a little deeper.

Dilated Eyes said...
I recommend that you listen to Enya "It's in the rain." Wonderful that you take the rare moments out of life and look at them. Good luck, love.

Sofia R. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'd love comments if you have any