Need Love?

See it but never feel it.
Get close, only to push it away.
“Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”
Epitome of my life.
What is wrong with me?
What makes me so un-lovable?
Can someone remove this defective sign from my forehead,
And replace it with a kiss.
I want more than mediocre.
I want someone to miss.
Do I ask for too much?
Are my requirements unachievable?
My heart remains unconquered, unattained.
I’m tired of fairy tale endings,
Silly thoughts put in my head by unrealistic, but hopelessly believable movies.
They are all the same.
Girl meets boy. Girl messes it up. Boy forgives girl.
Happily Ever After.
At least they let on that relationships have problems.
I want raw, unrelenting love.
The real deal.
No movie, novel, or episode of “Sex and the City” could ever touch.
Left alone, drowning in thoughts,
Who else in the world could need love,
Like I need love?

cariberry24 said...
Thank you all for reading my poem! I'm glad that so many of you are able to relate, although I do not wish this feeling upon anyone.
I understand that people may deem the topic of love unoriginal, superficial, and vague, but love is a difficult subject to write about. It is hard to even grasp an aspect of love, and that is one of the reasons why it is an "over used" topic in poetry and literature. It is quite a challenge to put love into words, and I do not believe anyone has ever been ... (more »)

Maxine R. said...
Really good poem. Everyone keeps saying the idea is unoriginal but everyone has different opinions on the subject!
Also, can some people critique my poem please? It's called Little Girl. Thank you.

God*is*Life5687 said...
i like this poem. and can relate, but agian the idea is unoriginal. i really think 'love' is an over used concept. but its a good poem. keep writing, be creative.

mrbananaman9 said...
I can relate,but remember your family always loves you

lilgoalie12 said...
Wow! great poem it's very deep! I felt like that before but I realized that I have family to fill me with love. Guys are great to have in life and now I even have one in mine but first you need to love yourself and realize that many people love you. Anyway, great poem! I love it!

mrbananaman9 said...
Apr. 7, 2009 at 1:37 am
KEEP WRITING POETRY THIS IS AWESOME

Janesca A. said...
Apr. 7, 2009 at 12:19 am
i like the poem.....keep up the good work.

CutiePie said...
Apr. 6, 2009 at 12:19 am
i love this poem

hte girl u think u know bt u really dont said...
i can so relate. i need to be loved. i feel no one cares 4 me. but keep up the good work darlin. i loved it

itsjustme said...
Apr. 5, 2009 at 12:17 am
wow that is soo true.

Gossamer said...
I really like this one, it brims so warm and unrelenting with feeling.

Grania This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is beautiful.

StarlightResurrection said...
wow. that was great...! i really relate. :)

*&versatile said...
Apr. 2, 2009 at 12:52 am
i really liked how you worded everything it was AWESOME a very deep poem that everyone can relate to

MorningStar15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 2, 2009 at 12:12 am
this poem was beautiful i know how it feels i was in that state for years,,, i love poems i can see myself in,,, and this is the one... thank you for posting it i loved it! keep writing i think i'd be cool to read more of your work!
~Peace,Love,and Happiness~

Liana N. said...
I feel as if you did not put much thought into giving this poem a solid setting or underlying metaphor. When speaking of love -- a topic that has been covered so many times -- a writer needs to try even harder to be original. In this poem, lines like “Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone" make me feel as if you are not giving us your real, original thoughts.

Lily B. said...
Mar. 29, 2009 at 2:10 am
Story. Of. My. Life.

lookin'forlove said...
I loved this poem, it totally expressed exactly how I feel inside, thanx for it, definately keep writin'!!!!!!

EdytD said...
i really like the idea and the meaning - i thought that it was moving - but i feel like it's a little obvious. personally, i would put more concrete imagery, but i like the ideas and the meaning, and i think it's good. however, it seems to me to be more of an essay or paragraph than a poem. but then again, being me, i like to have my poems have a rhythm, so my style's different than yours. if you want to take a look, the link is: TeenInk.com/raw/Poetry/article/91407/A-Lonely-... (more »)

cobainthedoors said...
Mar. 25, 2009 at 9:35 am
That was truly wonderful.