Need Love?

See it but never feel it.
Get close, only to push it away.
“Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”
Epitome of my life.
What is wrong with me?
What makes me so un-lovable?
Can someone remove this defective sign from my forehead,
And replace it with a kiss.
I want more than mediocre.
I want someone to miss.
Do I ask for too much?
Are my requirements unachievable?
My heart remains unconquered, unattained.
I’m tired of fairy tale endings,
Silly thoughts put in my head by unrealistic, but hopelessly believable movies.
They are all the same.
Girl meets boy. Girl messes it up. Boy forgives girl.
Happily Ever After.
At least they let on that relationships have problems.
I want raw, unrelenting love.
The real deal.
No movie, novel, or episode of “Sex and the City” could ever touch.
Left alone, drowning in thoughts,
Who else in the world could need love,
Like I need love?

That One Guy said...
Hey don't worry because you will find the one person who will care for you. I was lonely and depressed once, then I found the girl of my dreams.

Krysta said...
May 6, 2009 at 2:04 am
I really liked it. I hope to read more!<3

cariberry24 said...
May 6, 2009 at 1:30 am
Thank you all for your kind words, I really appreciate it. I love to write, and all that comes out is truly me.

Thank you all for reading, rating, commenting, and criticizing. :) In the end, it will all help me become a better writer.

Sydney S. said...
I know how you feel. I'm glad you've made me feel like I'm not alone.

Jessica R. said...
i like this poem. i understand 100% i know how it fells to be in love even though i am young. and i know how it feels to have your heart broken and just wanting answers. its nothing wrong with that. no matter the age.

BeccaBlue826 said...
this poem is undoubtfully different...i read it and think "no ryhmes or something that i've already heard"...i like that you make love something real but you still want it....good job

whitney S. said...
May 5, 2009 at 6:54 am
i think your poem was great and flowed like crazy i like how ur not scared to express your true emotions

bookhugger14 said...
May 5, 2009 at 1:17 am
O.M.G. that was a totally realistic, understandable, beautiful poem that i will never forget!!! thanks so much for writing it! i'm in love with it

Callie W. said...
May 5, 2009 at 12:48 am
i love what you're saying. and i agree all the way. it's very good :D

Angela V. said...
Wow, that's really intense. I know exactly how that feels. Especially about the silly, unrealistic romantic movies that you can't help but need to believe in. Because what else is there but hope? Real love is always better the Hollywood love though.

Addison P. said...
Beautiful. I thought it was very powerful, and it really touched me.

Brooke M. said...
May 3, 2009 at 1:22 am
your poem is really good

fisherj This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think the poem begins well, the opening several lines set a nice tone. The voice is strong and develops nicely with the lines that are not rhetorical questions. The last line works with the poem and adds to it, but the other questions spread throughout detract from the flow and diminish the authors voice. I think that those lines could be left in substance, if only they were rewritten in a way that allowed them to work toward a more cohesive whole. Even if you feel it is important that the... (more »)

nordicskiier said...
When reading this poem, I felt like I had written it...(only I can't write as well...), but the line:

And replace it with a kiss.
I want more than mediocre

were amazing....and they were me.
Well done.

daisydee123 said...
very good very realistic

Jaquie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I find it amusing how people reacted so strongly to this. I'm confused by why I myself did.
God Bless,
...,

musiclover71 said...
May 2, 2009 at 5:15 am
AMAZING! i feel the same way

Pa S. said...
May 2, 2009 at 2:57 am
forget KICK3593. he doesn't know what he is talking about. your poem rocked. keep 'em comin'. i luv your poem style. good lines. don't let anyone put you down. they're just trying to degrade you. keep your head up, and keep those poems coming!

Desiree M. said...
Your writing is good and creative you are a very impossitive thinker and i know you dream of the future but regret the past.... so i feel i must say keep dreaming but forgive and forget the past..... live free and conquer your regrets....

Dean H. said...
May 1, 2009 at 1:55 am
Excellent poem. It's amazing how so many people can feel the same way you do and yet nothing ever seems to be done about it. I guess we just have to get out there and make it happen. Good job, and please check out my own poem, Palmer's Peak. I would appreciate your input on it.