Need Love?

See it but never feel it.
Get close, only to push it away.
“Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”
Epitome of my life.
What is wrong with me?
What makes me so un-lovable?
Can someone remove this defective sign from my forehead,
And replace it with a kiss.
I want more than mediocre.
I want someone to miss.
Do I ask for too much?
Are my requirements unachievable?
My heart remains unconquered, unattained.
I’m tired of fairy tale endings,
Silly thoughts put in my head by unrealistic, but hopelessly believable movies.
They are all the same.
Girl meets boy. Girl messes it up. Boy forgives girl.
Happily Ever After.
At least they let on that relationships have problems.
I want raw, unrelenting love.
The real deal.
No movie, novel, or episode of “Sex and the City” could ever touch.
Left alone, drowning in thoughts,
Who else in the world could need love,
Like I need love?

thepreechyteenager said...
:) luv luv luv it!!!

JaseC said...
Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:06 am
I think I already love you your words are so great (: anyways, your poems are fantastic and I think that you have one of the best poems I've ever read, and I have been studying it for my whole life.

cariberry24 said...
Aug. 22, 2009 at 6:56 am
Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. :)

To clear some things up:
This poem has nothing to do with suicide, haha. "Drowning in thoughts" means just what it says...
and if you would like to read something more structured, check out "Letting Go"
Thanks! :) cj

charlietheunicorn said...
I love this poem because i can relate to it and you are so going as one of my favorites! Check out mine tell me what you think TeenInk.com/raw/Fiction/article/128729/I-hate-the-words-are-you-ok/

Michelle F. said...
Aug. 11, 2009 at 2:39 am
I appreciate the idea of poetry for releasing thoughts and emotion, but this isn't really a poem, so much as a written stream of words with line breaks. Sure, I get that it's something a lot of people can relate to. Doesn't mean you should put it in the form of a poem.
I understand that some poets prefer the down to earth style. However, this needs something else. Flow, metaphors, similes, SOMETHING. Change it up. I'm not quite feeling the poetic potential.

cherishfaith replied...
Oct. 8, 2009 at 11:28 am
obviosly her poem has potential if it was published.

AshaMidnightOlympian said...
Aug. 4, 2009 at 4:36 am
You go girl!

Lonleydandy said...
Aug. 4, 2009 at 1:24 am
O my gosh, I LOVE this poem. It is soooo easy to relate to! I love how you shoved the concept of pain of love into a short poem like this. Amazing job!

mallory14 said...
Aug. 4, 2009 at 1:17 am
you dont know how easy for me it is to relate to this poem, but it is beautiful and keep on writing

Lynzee J. said...
great job.... it is so easy to relate to. i really enjoyed it!!
bravo!!

pinksage33 said...
This is good!!!

Zero_K This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this and I can soooo relate. Every time I get a crush on a guy I get all depressed and think he doesn't like me because I'm ugly or I'm fat or I'm stupid and then when I finally found a guy and it was the stupidest relationship ever. I really love this poem. BRAVO!
ZERO

GigglyAmber said...
Jul. 25, 2009 at 3:09 am
I love this poem, You took the words right away from my heart. I feel the exact same way. Great Job

Anjo! said...
Jul. 13, 2009 at 4:18 am
holy cow! it took my a while to get to the bottom of the page just to write you a comment! well obviously ... you are an amazing writer.. this is awesome. =]

PinkPrincess said...
Jul. 13, 2009 at 3:52 am
wow i feel like you know me and what im going through very relatable

Like*Whoa!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 13, 2009 at 1:43 am
wow this is super deep, i love how it completely defies the cliche love poem of love at first sight blah blah blah...it really is more like reality. and the rhyme scheme is genius:) keep it up! ohh and check out my work:)

xXFadedFlowerXx said...
Jul. 13, 2009 at 1:02 am
I love your poem, I've felt this way countless times.

jennifer P. said...
Jul. 13, 2009 at 12:08 am
I really liked your poem it truly seems like what i have
felt before along with my friends i guess thats how everyone feels sometimes when they are in love or want to fall in love.

mallory14 said...
i really like this poem. Yeah i know what you mean by not being loved,I always have issues with guys no tlikinhg me, so this poem totally relates to my life keep writing

JaseC said...
Jul. 10, 2009 at 9:04 am
being lonely is bad you figure that out after a while but that's usually too late and nothing is worse than being too late.