Need Love?

See it but never feel it.
Get close, only to push it away.
“Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”
Epitome of my life.
What is wrong with me?
What makes me so un-lovable?
Can someone remove this defective sign from my forehead,
And replace it with a kiss.
I want more than mediocre.
I want someone to miss.
Do I ask for too much?
Are my requirements unachievable?
My heart remains unconquered, unattained.
I’m tired of fairy tale endings,
Silly thoughts put in my head by unrealistic, but hopelessly believable movies.
They are all the same.
Girl meets boy. Girl messes it up. Boy forgives girl.
Happily Ever After.
At least they let on that relationships have problems.
I want raw, unrelenting love.
The real deal.
No movie, novel, or episode of “Sex and the City” could ever touch.
Left alone, drowning in thoughts,
Who else in the world could need love,
Like I need love?

jennifer P. said...
Jul. 13, 2009 at 12:08 am
I really liked your poem it truly seems like what i have
felt before along with my friends i guess thats how everyone feels sometimes when they are in love or want to fall in love.

mallory14 said...
i really like this poem. Yeah i know what you mean by not being loved,I always have issues with guys no tlikinhg me, so this poem totally relates to my life keep writing

JaseC said...
Jul. 10, 2009 at 9:04 am
being lonely is bad you figure that out after a while but that's usually too late and nothing is worse than being too late.

Edwin C. said...
i felt this way so many times. good work. my poems suck in comparison. this is straight from the broken heart.

myluvsong182<3 said...
FINALY someone who gives a new definition of love without being exactly like every cheesey sitcom and movie out there. lol :) I loved this! it ttly describes me lately, i got alot going ya kno...keep it up!:)

JJK#5315 said...
Jun. 24, 2009 at 12:28 am
this is really good :D

AJ K. said...
it is definitely a very well written poem but kinda cliche by pointing out all the cliches

Lotz.Of.sMileS said...
hey, u no i agree that louv is often overused in literature and all but i think this poem is great. it isn't as mushy gushy as normal luv poems and i really appreciate that. i like how u, urself commented on the fact that u weren't trying to cover luv entirely, but just the way you feel, and isn't that all anybody can do? keep writing cuz u've got a talent that needs to be seen!!

Zachary12220 said...
Me.

Callum A. said...
Jun. 5, 2009 at 10:21 am
I don't speak for everyone clearly in writing this, but in what way is this a poem as opposed to just gushing ideas onto paper? What ever happened to the concept of "Showing, not telling"? I feel that if your themes had been conveyed in metaphor, that would have been a more interesting poem. But this...I recommend you try and rework this poem into something more metaphorical. Perhaps surrounding a paticular moment you feel is crucial to the themes in this work?

Daniel C. said...
wow this poem is absolutely beautiful, your an artist of emotions and words, you really expressed something in a genuine way.

And i really hope you will receive that love you desire

Ryan M. said...
Epic. And so true

flower child said...
I LOVE THIS POEM !!!

music said...
wow i love this. it actually brings me to reality with love. i never ereally thought it that way. all tho it happens to me i jus kinda let everything go and keep trying. wow its really good!!!:P

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow! this is very good..i felt the emotion you put into this piece.very talented you are!..it should be published!! good job!! keep it up!!

~~~~~~~~please check out my work if you have time, thank you!

LMurf889 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm usually not a fan of the mushy, love poems. Something about them being a little cliche. But this one is fantastic. Totally changed my perspective of "love poems", it's so modern and kept my attention from start to finish.

Faeriedustygirl said...
May 27, 2009 at 6:31 am
I must say, its well put together, and I like how its not an ABAB rhyme scheme. Very mature, and i enjoyed it.

two thumbs up!

BrittanyB said...
That's really good!! I hope to read more in the future!

KICK3593 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
... :(

XostephybabayoX said...
wow. this is really good =]