Need Love?

See it but never feel it.
Get close, only to push it away.
“Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”
Epitome of my life.
What is wrong with me?
What makes me so un-lovable?
Can someone remove this defective sign from my forehead,
And replace it with a kiss.
I want more than mediocre.
I want someone to miss.
Do I ask for too much?
Are my requirements unachievable?
My heart remains unconquered, unattained.
I’m tired of fairy tale endings,
Silly thoughts put in my head by unrealistic, but hopelessly believable movies.
They are all the same.
Girl meets boy. Girl messes it up. Boy forgives girl.
Happily Ever After.
At least they let on that relationships have problems.
I want raw, unrelenting love.
The real deal.
No movie, novel, or episode of “Sex and the City” could ever touch.
Left alone, drowning in thoughts,
Who else in the world could need love,
Like I need love?

ChocolateBliss said...
Jun. 7, 2010 at 10:30 am
wow!..i love this..so real so true.

buggzbunnie said...
Jun. 5, 2010 at 11:53 am
i feel the same way we see all these movies and read all these books about happy endings but really i dnt think there is a such thing as happy endings

Giggles94 said...
I like the part where it says "Girl meets boy Girl messes up Boy forgives girl Happily Ever After" It's A LOT like my poem. Over all great poem I liked it. Don't worry God has someone for you, you just gotta be PATIENT! It's hard but it will be worth it in the end.

xRAWRxgiggles256 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow, it really made me think some things over.... very thought provoking! i applaud =)

demetria said...
FINALLY! this is very good compared to some of the stuff that is on here. some of your lines were very eye catching and pleasing to the tongue to say. your choice of words showed good use of vocabulary. standing ovation!

aakel said...
May 25, 2010 at 10:20 am
Great job! 

chellebby123 said...
this poem is so great, i's happy that im not the only one feeling this way.

anthony s said...
i really dislike this poem and i don't like what you said, but i respect your opinion

demetria replied...

you dislike this poem?

then obviously you haven't seen half the stuff that people post on this site.

do me a favor take 10 minutes--no--5 minutes and actually read some of the things that people have written...then come back and read this..if you still feel the same then something must be wrong.

but then again you are intitled to your opinion so......whatever.

Farrell S. replied...
Eh, I don't know about that. Fairy tale endings are pleasing to read about. They suit the imagination and allow people to feel things they wouldn't be able to feel in the real world. This poem just speaks the truth of reality. I did enjoy this poem but i like the fairy tales as well. 

carijoy replied...

Thank you all for your thoughts. :)

Anthony, thank you for respecting my opinion, but being honest in yours. I want to know more about why you don't like it... because you really weren't specific.

Demetria, thank you for sticking up for me. That was sweet. :)

Farrell, I completely agree. I LOVE fairy tale endings, they are definitely an escape and an enjoyment, but I wish I was raised around more reality too. I'm not saying that I don't believe in happy endings but... (more »)

Fuh-rel replied...
no i completely agree, i wish that people were more realistic about love especially teenagers. Most of them think that the person they have been dating for a month there going to marry and that they are completely in love with and its ridiculous. NOt saying that you ant have strong feelings for someone when you are young because you can

ihmaGhetH3m said...
May 24, 2010 at 10:31 am
yeah ht wasx cool nhd sick aht dha shame tyme..2whoevaa mhade dhiss iiqht lotsx ohf <3 4 yu

mary_blue356 said...
May 21, 2010 at 1:13 am
OMG! This is a fascinating poem! You touched my heart! Exactly what I'm feeling.

anthony said...

oh God do u make so much sense

i feel exactly the same way u do, lol its like ur in my head

SarahJumps said...
Love your line breaks. Keep writing.

xBaByGiRrL22x said...
incredible. luvv it. keep writingg

Egyptiangirl13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is great-keep writing

JessicaEralia said...
that's freaking great. i've written things just like this, and reading it makes me feel better. (:

grasslova said...
Thank you. That was nice to hear. :) Or rather, read. I feel your pain, hermana. I am in love with my best friend. But I keep pushing him away. It hurts. I am so confused, between wanting our friendship to continue and wanting a little dose of love--but the REAL love. Not the glamorized, Hollywood, supposedly "happily ever after" melodramatic feeling that people pass off as love. I too want the real deal. And it's true, you dont know what you've got, until it's gone. ;) Those words sti... (more »)