Need Love?

See it but never feel it.
Get close, only to push it away.
“Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”
Epitome of my life.
What is wrong with me?
What makes me so un-lovable?
Can someone remove this defective sign from my forehead,
And replace it with a kiss.
I want more than mediocre.
I want someone to miss.
Do I ask for too much?
Are my requirements unachievable?
My heart remains unconquered, unattained.
I’m tired of fairy tale endings,
Silly thoughts put in my head by unrealistic, but hopelessly believable movies.
They are all the same.
Girl meets boy. Girl messes it up. Boy forgives girl.
Happily Ever After.
At least they let on that relationships have problems.
I want raw, unrelenting love.
The real deal.
No movie, novel, or episode of “Sex and the City” could ever touch.
Left alone, drowning in thoughts,
Who else in the world could need love,
Like I need love?

krisssss This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 5, 2011 at 9:48 am
I think everyone out there can relate to this poem!  Awesome job expressing it :)

lab96 said...
I love this poem! It reminds me of a poem I wrote awhile ago, seeing as all my poems are based on my love life and how I'm feeling. Keep up the good work!

jade-lynn15 said...
Jan. 24, 2011 at 10:06 am
So true! This was a great poem and I can definitely relate.

limelove replied...

Me too the same thing.

soccer22:P said...
I thought it was well written and great questions to ask. I don't think you're unreasonable and deserve love!

AlexisBieber13 said...
that was beautiful and this how i sorta feel at times but i gatta get over it but it follows me everywhere

Fully_Yours said...
Jan. 16, 2011 at 9:35 am
I can totally relate to this! It's exactly how I used to feel when I was hungry for love....I wanted something "raw". But when I think about it now, it seems insensible to be so hungry for love when I  have so many people I can love already right next to me....My family, and friends and neighbours and so on!

BayBee. said...

Be.Careful.What.You.Wish.For.

I used to feel the same. Exactly. Great poem.

My advice to you though (not for writing purposes but rather life experiences), is once you get the unconditional, raw, juicy, deep love, it opens you right up for pain and hate.. and at the end of it all you just wish you never would have fallen in love in the first place. So I guess what i'm trying to say, is to just relax and not try to give away that innocent aspect of you as soon as y... (more »)

being.me said...
love it(: amazing. 

JessesGirl replied...
its a BEAUTIFUL poem:) absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! love will find you, just as it has found me:) just keep your head up, and wait:) you'l have your turn:)

starlight26 said...
ONE WORD. BEAUTIFUL. I have been trying to get this message accross for forever. Thanks for perfectly putting that together. I think every person on this needs to realize this. That love is love. There is nothing like it. :)

Guitarstar147 said...
This is an amazing poem! I can relate so much to this! :)

flexiballetgirl said...
Thank You, this really helped me.

RainBowSkittles13 said...
Jan. 14, 2011 at 10:21 am
This is amazing. I love this poem. I can totally relate to this. Great job.

MeanPeopleDead said...
Jan. 14, 2011 at 10:07 am
This is beautiful, wonderfull, fantastical, and what everyone needs to slap them in the face every morning. Thankyou.

_MissLaurel_ said...
Jan. 7, 2011 at 7:10 am

A true reflection of the heart of a teenage girl. A truely beautiful and truely relatable piece. 5 Stars.

~Miss Laurel

BridieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is one of my favorite poems on teen ink. And when I saw it was one of the most read articles again i got really excited! Great work and keep writing. =) 

Jones said...
Jan. 6, 2011 at 10:08 am
This is absolutely, positively beautiful. The imagery is excellent. Your word choice fits perfectly, and the whole poem flows. I love the message you convey in this. Your point is definitely proven. Please keep it up. Check out some of my work if you have time.

sadness12 said...
that is wat i need!! u took the words rite out of my mouth!! thnk u!!

LilStinka said...
Jan. 5, 2011 at 10:24 am
I really liked it! I love how it doesn't rhyme all the time but flows all the same :) great job