For Christian

So it's a little new to me
You are still a novelty
An ancient book with a dusty spine
Cracked open for the very first time

I'm quite your opposite you know?
You love the sun, I love the snow
You are open and free
I wait to see what others think of me

Sometimes our differences cause
Me to stop and think we need a pause
One small break to make sure
That each other is who we're for

My head is logical, my heart is not
It beats so fast and causes my stomach to knot
It is this insane, crazy rush
That makes me yearn for your touch

It keeps me glued to you
It makes me glad that I jumped and flew
Into your embracing arms
That want to keep my heart safe from harm

Honestly it’s crazy how I feel for you
It’s like you planned it, you always knew
The right thing to say to make it right
How to calm me after our stupid fights

I want to jump into something more
There is more to you than I saw before
So please hold my hand and don't let go
I'm giving in to my heart; let's go with the flow

Sparkles96 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your poetry voice reminds me of my own :)

tabbykat12 said...
I love this poem!!!

its.just.kc said...
GORGEOUS! I love it!

in_wonderland said...
wow im feeling the exact same way rite now! hmm...may-b i can make it work w him...;)

vegan416 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i couldn't stop reading it. i think almost everyone feels that way but they dont know how to put it into words. the way you expressed it was probably the best i have ever read. 

summerdreamer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
hehe, whoops. when i saw the title i thought you ment the religion christian so when i got to the thrid paragraph I was really confused. I get it now though! thats awesome how you described him as a book, how unknown and simple it all is. I love it.

kms777 said...
almost everone i know could realte to that. me included. its sad yet happy at the same time. and to write something down that seems like there is no words to describe it takes talent. i hope you'll read mine and teahc me how to read like that

AshlynSerora said...
Awesome poem haha You remind me of a friend I use to have. Her name was Erin, too. This sounds like something she might write. Random tangent, sorry lol Anyway back to your poem. I love the fact that there is a sense of innocence, and I think that the rhyme scheme is great for a poem like this. It's cute haha but it's also serious. It's the begining leading into something more, and I think thats a great theme for any work, no matter how subtle. Keep writing! haha

hurt_by_life said...
Dec. 9, 2009 at 8:27 am
Wow this poem really touched me cuz i could completely relate to it. ME and my bf are completely opposite and we fight constantly over stupid stuff but we always make up and i cant stand to be away from him:) This poem is amazing great job!!!!!!!!

Jennifer R. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 16, 2009 at 4:09 am
this is sweet. you should definitely show your boyfriend if you havent already (:

hermione1fan said...
Apr. 6, 2009 at 1:58 am
this is very beautiful.
your words hold truth that i have seen very little of.

MorningStar15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 2, 2009 at 12:23 am
wow me and my bf are a lot like this poem he is a beautiful guitar playing sweetheart and i'm more closed and quiet i love how i can see my self in your poem... a-m-a-z-i-n-g *claps*
u rock
write on!

Lily B. said...
Mar. 29, 2009 at 2:29 am
Hoestly, at first I didn't really even like this. It seemed too cheesy for what I typically like. But I continued reading and actually got CHILLS! Congrats on super-spiffiness, dude!

Jessika G. said...
<3 perfect

Carrah O. said...
This totally describes my relationship with the my bf! He showed me how to love, and even though we had r differences and stupid fights he always kne just what to say to make them better. Thank you sooo much for writing this perfect poem :)

lena_monrose said...
5 stars. Really meaningful, I can feel what you're trying to say. Keep writing

DreamingPoet89 said...
Very good words. Words with such meaning and hurt ,but I like it and from another Ohioan!!!!!!!!

writingis4ever said...
Feb. 19, 2009 at 5:00 am
i really like this poem. very heartfelt.

xxJustxxme said...
This is a really sweet poem. I think he is as lucky to have you as you are to have him.

-kmb. replied...
Awe. This brings back memoriess. great poemmmm. ;)