See Me

So.
What is it you want from me?
There has got to be something I do not see.
The way you look at her,
to me, I wish you would do the same.
I do not want to be just another girl
on your long list of a game.
What is so different about me
that makes it impossible to see
that I am a real person as well
with feelings
thoughts
emotions
cares
a life...
but still love.
and time
that I want to give to you.

But to you, it is like receiving a single rose
after someone gave you ten dozen.

What makes me different, you may ask.
I am simply
not
like
them.

Take a chance on me...
maybe you will see.
That I'm worth another glance,
but I won't give you a second chance.
Now or never.
no time like the present hour.

I just want to know.
what you see,
when you
see me.

AllyssaWrites said...
May 11, 2015 at 9:48 am
After a bad break up recently with a two-year long relationship, I know this feeling and you did a great job putting it into words.

Mistreated said...
Your peom was amazing, i loved it and i got how u felt this can speak to so many girls. Great job :)

jasmine66 said...
Your a great writing and I would love to see more :)

chillifritoz said...
all of your writings remind me of the way that weed smelled in my dream on day it was delicious! lol your work is so goooood!

LoveLikeEpic said...

Addicting poetry.

Love it.

Wish I could write as good as you!

You have an amazing way with words!

ToxicsOwl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm going to be honest,
I'm addicted to your work.
You have a wonderful talent.

HeartbrokenAngel replied...
I have to agree with the addiction. It's a good thing that they don't have AA meetings for peotry addicts.

BreeBree said...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 11:33 am
I can really relste to this poem a lot! ^_^

Chautel said...
again its EXACTLY how i FEEL

melone96 said...
I love your writing! It is so amazing and inspiring! Thank you! I've connected with your poems on a whole new level and this gives me some happiness and hope! Keep writing more!!!

carijoy replied...
Thank you so much for your comments and encouragement! I really appreciate it. I'm glad people can relate to and gain hope from my work.

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
WOW! this is really deep. i feel like i could relate to this. because all "boys" ever did was like me because of my looks or my physical features. i thought i would never find the one that loved me for me! and i thought all boys were the same. but they're are not! trust me! lol there is someone out there im sure for you, waiting to sweep you of your feet. if he hasnt already!good job!!

softballNracin said...
May 8, 2009 at 12:37 am
mmfdg623 is right. I am always the person a guy looks over so I totally understand. Compare me to my friend We may both be really out going but all the time she outshines me when I stand by her so most of the time guys look over me and unto her and say stuff like "Wow"!!! So I really do understand! You are a GREAT writer! keep up the great work!

Batwoman said...
This poem really hits close to my heart. Right now I'm in the middle of a situation just like the one you described and it's hard. But he's got a girlfriend so I don't really have a chance. And besides I'm always the girl with her head buried in a book so not many guys notice me anyway. So even if he was single I still wouldn't really have a chance.

thedaydreamer13 said...
i just read all ur work and this one ties with the rest of ur work. i am so jealous!! great job!!! ;D

mmfdg623@aol.com said...
Apr. 28, 2009 at 12:34 am
I love this poem, and I know exactly what you mean. I am the girl that the guys overlook, especially since my best friend is a lot more outgoing than I am. Keep up the good work.

writingis4ever said...
Apr. 19, 2009 at 12:31 am
i really like this! great writing! :)

cariberry24 said...
Thank you all for your kind words. :) You are all truly inspiring.

To EdytD:
I know exactly what you mean. Someday, someone will get it. :) and he will be the "coolest" guy of all.

Carolyn

EdytD said...
Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:38 am
I liked it, and I can definitely relate - as someone who's priorities are academic, i am often passed over as nobody from the "cooler" guys.

Gina K. said...
Mar. 9, 2009 at 2:04 am
WOW every poem you do is so amazing. Great job, and keep writing