For You | Teen Ink

For You

October 3, 2014
By inksmith BRONZE, Houston, Texas
inksmith BRONZE, Houston, Texas
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
when life gives you lemons, go to the store and buy something good to eat.


Maybe it’s something in your eyes. Bright green with a grey tinge on the outside, fading gently to the soft silver and orange ringing your black irises with precious color. Eyes like jewels, drawing in the harsh light of the world, grabbing it, turning it into something beautiful and sending it out forever altered. Maybe it’s the sparkle of intelligence in your eyes, the light of another kind that shines from those perfect orbs of green and orange, grey and silver—that luminescence that goes parallel to the physical light, emanating from you, the vital essence of intelligence and life. Maybe it’s the sweet and clever fire of passion lurking just beneath the surface of your eyes, under that wonderful veneer of vibrant color. Or maybe it’s the gentle intensity in your gaze when I say something directly to you, your eyes gazing intently, piercing through to my soul. The curious engrossed look, as if everything is centered on what I’m saying, on that trivial piece of information that you take as if it is so very important, as if I am the only person in the world that matters for that brief moment. The open lovely face framing curiously gorgeous eyes, head set forward, posture alert and attentive, body arched forward as if to catch every morsel of what is about to be said. Maybe it’s your mind, who you are. The cleverness, the easy laugh, open acceptance, understanding. The caring nature, forward and all-inclusive, cordial and bright to all, a beacon in a bland world. Maybe it’s none of these. Or maybe it’s all of them. Maybe that’s why I’m thinking of you now.


The author's comments:

This is my first post, i just want to see what someone thinks