Silent Cry

I watch the shadows fade away,
into a cloud of dust,
Hoping that my voice will scream,
knowing that I must.
Can someone tell me, tell me why,
noone hears my silent cry?
Is it just me, or does it seem
that I am all alone?

You hear the seconds tick away,
like footsteps down the hall.
You wonder if they're here for you
or if they're there at all.
Can someone tell us, tell us why,
noone hears our silent cries?
Is it just me, or could it be
that I am not alone?

dreams locked away said...
I love your work. it is very well writen. I feel like this most of the time. please keep writing

NeverStopRelating said...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 10:24 am
I am in love with this poem. It embodies the exact feelings that I think lots of people experience. It is amazing what you can do. Keep it up.

hearmesing said...
Oct. 14, 2011 at 11:41 am

Your poetry is very satisfying.  And no way are you alone.  I started writing years ago because it gave me a way to cry my heart out and stay strong at the same time.

It changed me to voice those silent cries.

DreamingOutLoud This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

The flow you have is unique, and I could pick out your style out of a hundred poems after reading just three of yours.

I've always had issues with rhyming; can you give me a few tips? And I'd appreciate it if you checked out some of my stuff. Thanks! =)

lostandcofused replied...
Apr. 8, 2011 at 8:52 am
i feel tht way all the time... i feel like no one understands. :( i have friends but i feel like a outcaust and tht isnt a rlly good feeling to feel :( love the poem though, very much :D

Sapphire said...
All of your poems are extraordinary! You have some great raw talent, but as a side note, noone is actually spelled no one. Changing that would raise the level of this poem high beyond the expectations for teenage poetry. 

Becca E. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

You have a real knack for sensory description. When you say a clock "ticks" like footsteps, I can easily hear someone's heels clicking down an empty, echoing hallway. Maybe past a closet where you're chained up, or something. At any rate, my imagination runs with it. That's what I like about your poetry.

I've read most of your other poems, too. What I love is what seems to be your main theme: the paradox of losing innocence but not idealism. I relate to that. I can't even emphasi... (more »)

shattered said...
hello i am not yet a member but i love your work its exactly how i feel and i think you are an awesome writer sincerely, jessie

@ngel said...
Feb. 27, 2010 at 5:11 am
ur poem hav gt a lot of depth to it..n u've written really well! keep up the gr8 wrk

Malory_Sturling said...
wow aammmzzingg!!!! (: loved it in every way!

floaton said...
not bad at all! i really loved your other poems, this one is good too but i know you can do better. i've felt the same way though:] your a great poet, you should make an account! your poetry is really amazing though. comment back on mine if you have time

LilyettMirata said...
i luvvvvvvvvvvvvv yuor poems they touch my soul

ElizabethW. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, you totally captured the feeling of being alone while pointing out the concept that you feel it but know that you actually aren't. You're extremely talented.

annexgrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 6, 2009 at 11:04 am
I loved this poem :)

known as em said...
May 17, 2009 at 2:07 am
THIS IS AMAZING. i rea ALL ur posted poems and now ur like my idol...i LOVE them all you are a great righter, i want you to always know that.