Dear Nobody | Teen Ink

Dear Nobody

By rand0mteenager SILVER, Yonkers, New York
rand0mteenager SILVER, Yonkers, New York

I like books more than people

Dear Nobody,

She is so amazing. She’s lovely in her own simple way. She is so beautiful it hurts. Her insecurities hurt me; because I wonder how something so pure can feel so much pain. Her smile seems as though it can light up a room, although it helps hides the scars of her past along her arm. She is a warrior, and continues on after all the battles she has fought. And for this, I love her even more, because even in her weakest times I see her strength. She shines like the bright stars in the galaxies, and her laugh captivates everyone in the room. It is light, simple, and sweet; just like her.

I hate to see her in pain, because I then feel pain myself. It’s like seeing a version of you cry; it all just hurts. Her story captivates me, because in hers I see mine. The struggle to appreciate herself and see how lovely she is; and we tell these things to each other. She is so beautiful, I mean so beautiful and lovely. I see it in her eyes, in her smile, in her face, in everything about her. She is not perfect, yet her imperfections make her just that. She doesn’t know it, and I want to tell her every single day until she believes me, because she should.

I watch and help her, as she struggles to find herself, but I already know where she is. The fake smile will become real, and eventually a confident girl will emerge. But I do not care if she is broken. I do not care if she were the most flawed person to exist. Even if not romantically, I love her with all my heart.

I think I love her the most because she’s such a great person. She always puts others before herself, even if she needs help. And yet that is her biggest fault…Because if you are falling on a plane, you cannot help others if you do not put on your own oxygen mask. And in our twin faults I do the same, so I save her, and then she saves me, and we take turns saving each other. Coincidentally, we are never broken at the same time. But if we were we’d probably argue about who to save first. I like that about her too.

I don’t think I’ll ever be able to express how I feel for her. She is not just this girl, for I am sure she is The Girl. And if I don’t get my chance with her in time, I hope that one day the Moon and the Sun meet up, and Fate gives me another chance with her. Because even though I may meet somebody like her, they will never be her. And a copy and an original will never be the same.

I don’t think I’ll ever be able to say when it started but when it stops I will be sad. Because loving her is like a nice summer day that fills you with warmth. And she is my warmth. Words will never be able to describe her, no matter how hard they tried. But to start off you may simply say lovely and beautiful. Because to summarize her, that is enough.

Sincerely,

Somebody