I'll sing to you.

I'll sing to you of starry nights,
I'll sing to you of far-off lights,
I'll sing to you of headlights glaring,
Of Sharpie ink, radios blaring,
I'll sing to you of scribbled notes,
I'll sing to you of shattered hopes,
I'll sing to you of quiet bleedings,
Of open windows, secret meetings,
I'll sing to you of bodies brushing,
I'll sing to you of heartbeats rushing,
I'll sing to you of love and hope,
Of my last quiet attempt to cope.

mylifeisjustnoise said...
Thanks!
I definately understand what you mean about teachers. The same thing happened to me 2 years ago, when I wrote a report that stated that heavy metal wasn't to blame for teenage aggression. My teacher disagreed, and kept marking me down until I worded things differently.
I think social networking is a bit of a gray area, but I think a lot of my arguements came from being sick of hearing about it, and the fact that I'll a bit of a stickler for facts and looking at both s... (more »)

SaraB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really love the rhyme scheme. This is very well written. Let me start off by thatnking you for commenting on my article on social networking sites. To be honest, you did make some very valid points. That was an english assignment i had to write last year, and it is sensationalized in part because my teacher kept saying I was giving the other side too much leverage in it. I understand that things like that don't happen in all situations, and many teens are mature enough to handle having a pr... (more »)