Don't Come Back | Teen Ink

Don't Come Back

By xcblue44x GOLD, Collinsville, Illinois
xcblue44x GOLD, Collinsville, Illinois

"Jealousy is a tiger that tears not only its prey but also its own raging heart."

I've finally forgot about it. Forgot about you. Your person. The things you did to me. So why are you crawling back now? Why now? I know my spurns and scorns are rude and cruel, but there's no way I'm going back to those cataclysms you caused. I'm fine now. I'm strong. I have my friends. It may not seem fair to you--but how can you really say that? I gave you your chances; you blew them. Not me. So when I ignore your existence and your phone calls and the voice on my shoulder that says "just talk to him" just know it's for me. It's not because I didn't forgive you. I forgave you a long time ago. Now it's time to forget. And I just can't do that by letting you back in. I just can't. I have to let it all go and move on to bigger things...

It's just what I have to do.

xcblue44x said...
on Jul. 2 2009 at 8:32 pm
I realize these aren't poems. I posted them before I really knew how to use teenink so it's just where I put my "random thoughts." Thanks for the comments though..

on Jun. 30 2009 at 3:14 am
*cold*hearted* BRONZE, Dundee, New York

"i am me and you are you, but don't try to be me"

that is an amazing poem.

jallymally said...
on Jun. 30 2009 at 2:19 am
that was really good, but just put some rhyme to it and in a stanza too to make it look more like a poem not a paragraph

on Jun. 30 2009 at 12:39 am
Meiskwabby BRONZE, Hollywood, Florida
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
It's got a good idea behind it; but in my opinion it wasn't very poetic.

Jaquie BRONZE said...
on Jun. 29 2009 at 10:48 pm
Jaquie BRONZE, West Palm Beach, Florida

This is certainly one of my favorites: "I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes." -2 Samuel 6:22

Very nice job. Can't say I can relate... But reading this described enough emotion that I almost could. I loved it. Keep writing.

God bless,

...,

on Jun. 29 2009 at 6:30 pm
myluvsong182<3 BRONZE, Harmony, New Jersey
wow, i just had an ex situation like this recently. i can totally relate, awesome!

Lonleydandy said...
on Jun. 29 2009 at 6:27 pm
That was really great. I have pretty much had that happen to me. Basically. This was really good, and was easy too relate to. I like it :D

on Apr. 13 2009 at 3:18 am
jbrooks2363 BRONZE, Spring Hill, Kansas
wow...seriously..this made me like..really sad haha..there was a girl in my life that meant the world to me..and this was like, exactly what she said to me. I could tell just by the title..oh no...she's one of those girls thats had some guy like me happen to her, but this was really good. Straight to the point, and no rambling. very nice =)

on Jan. 16 2009 at 6:14 am
wow you are a true poet keep writing.

murrydill! said...
on Dec. 19 2008 at 1:05 pm
this is real god0od0.! Keep it up Cass bc your doing great.