Think Happy thoughts | Teen Ink

Think Happy thoughts

Maneating rainbows. Demonic flowers. Disturbed unicorn. Twisted Hummingbird. Plague riden shooting stars. Bleeding Sprinkles. Lobotomy cupcakes. Toxic ribbons. Deranged hearts. Broken Lollipops. Sparkling daggers. Lovely asylum. Radiant Virus. Lively night shade. Colorful vampire. Beautiful cage. Graceful zombie. Lost kitten. Iced cream. Spotted Zebra. Bloody fingers. Saying uncle. Barbie and Ken. Catching the falling rain. Ripping off rose petals. placed in a bottle, kept on a shelf, label reads: "happy thoughts"

This poem was inspired by a My chemical Romance song called headfirst for halos. Their is a quote from that song that goes "I think I'll blow my brains against the ceiling, and as the fragments of my skull begin to fall, fall on your tongue like pixie dust, just think happy thoughts". The song is about being depressed and how you shouldn't be down on yourself, and you should think about all the good things in your life. This poem is kind of a weird mix of good things and bad things. Or atleast what society thinks is good and bad, kind of mixed up. I kind of tried to make it a scramble of thoughts hence the last six lines, almost like how things flash through your head when you're upset and confused. Just think happy thoughts.

on Nov. 29 2011 at 11:43 am
spirahemmanuelle BRONZE, Jonestown, Texas

"food is medicine" - hippocrates

This is absolutely amazing! It's so unique, and you know what's ironic? My Chemical Romance is my favorite band and has been for eight years; i typed in think happy thoughts and clicked on this and it's about My Chemical Romance!

You rock, keep up the good work :)