Stories End | Teen Ink

Stories End

By KristenTaylor GOLD, Atmore, Alabama
KristenTaylor GOLD, Atmore, Alabama

The rain drops poured from the thick clouds of gods hands. It slithered down the edges of our bodies into the palms soaking into our insecurities. We curled into our self esteem and melted into our own form of grief. We taught ourselves how to hate.

We hated ourselves so much that we sought forth our reflection wasn't even worthy for our own eyes. One by one we chipped off the parts of ourselves that felt unnatural. We seek sharp edges and heavy loads to filled the broken bones we began to see ourselves in heart shaped broken mirrors. “We make no sense”. That's what the implied locking us into disappoint filled rooms, we felt trapped. Trapped by the ones that were suppose to look past their own opinions. We hid in the facts, we closed our eyes and slept till our eyes started their own rebellion refusing to stay shut.

We wrote “this is it” letters and cried till the pills we held in our hands absorbed into our fingertips. We saw no point in life. We felt safe looking into the eyes of god, we were so close. Why wasn't our arms long enough to reach out to him?

We needed a innocent smile to look our direction. We remained an shadow even in the light. We were unnoticed, unheard. We despised others because our screams were yet just brushed off gossip. The truth I hate the world. Not for what it is but for what is has become. The clock seems yet but a reminder to the stop watch we hold in our back pocket.