Flower Girl This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

I envy the flowers
Void of emotion and conflict
Daisies not meant for plucking.

Me?
I prostitute my feelings
As if they're there for choosing
As if there is enough to go around.

As if I am your 10 minute cigarette break
Rather than a fire
Everlasting glow.

You can't light me up
And snuff me out in the same swipe of your hand.

I envy the flowers.

Alia_SThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 4:15 pm:
Also, your writing style is very endearing. You express philosophical and sophisticated ideas, but you do it in a way that is not at all pompous; the simplicity and sheer presence of your work speaks volumes. I love the phrase "As if I am your 10 minute minute cigarette break" - I love every little thing about this poem. :) Keep writing!!!

today at 4:11 pm:
I try and make it a point to let every writer and artist who has touched me with their work know that they have. I can never understand why some of the truly beautiful pieces so few comments, often none. Yours is one such piece. I would just like to say, first of all, on a superficial level, I have fallen completely in love with your imagery here. I almost was not going to click on this poem, but then in the little preciew I saw the line "I prostitute my feelin... (more »)