Butterfly | Teen Ink

Butterfly

Butterfly
Fly,fly high
High up in the sky
Fly up into those big white fluffy cotton balls in the sky

Butterfly
Raise me up into the place where the angels live
Raise me up and never look back
Just keep flying

Butterfly
Raise me up
You may not know the way now but you will
You will always find your way up into the heavens

Butterfly
Fly,fly high
Raise me up and never look back

Well, to tell you the truth, i'm not much of a poem writer. I like to do it, but I never find the time. I actually got inspired in church. I was just sitting there, and I looked at a butterfly in a picture and I picked up a piece of paper and started writing. It all just flowed together. All my feelings, into words. I've never felt that way before. It was awesome!! I hope when you read this that you will find it inspiring and that you will write one yourself or write another one. If you are wondering,it truly was all me. No help from my mom. Although, she did help me get inspired. She loves writing poems too. Well, you probably don't want to read much more. I hope to submit a few more poems to this website. Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully my poem. Remember to VOTE!!! Thanks! :-)

on Dec. 16 2008 at 9:45 pm
Thanx! =) I'm really glad you guys like it! I'm so suprised because i've never written a poem in my life! I am in the prosses of writing another one now! Keep commenting!!! =]

vacant said...
on Dec. 14 2008 at 2:06 pm
awesome!! it is great you inspire me :)

Kit-Kat63 said...
on Dec. 13 2008 at 12:59 pm
Wow! That was a truly amazing poem, and it really is quite inspiring if I say so myself! You should really keep writing poems so you can keep inspiring others like me!