Waiting for Love | Teen Ink

Waiting for Love

Sometimes I feel as if a wall divides us, an impenetrable barrier of thought and mystery. This wall keeps me in the dark, though your life shines a bright light onto my soul. The wall blocks out my curiosity each night, as I lay waiting, wondering about how you feel. Oh what I’d do to step into your fantasies, understand your thoughts. Just to know, even for a moment, if you ever wonder about me as I do for you. Wondering if you too feel this pain, these knots that tie me up for hours, twisting my hopes and my fear into one. These nerves that rattle my thoughts can never be settled, can never be tamed. That is, until I see you, your eyes with a tranquilizing affect on my body. When you’re around, all anxiety is gone. You’re the only one in the room, the only one I see, we’re alone. When you smile I lose my footing on the ground, floating off out into the depths of the universe. Passing the millions of other girls who lay suspended among the stars, I join them. We remain there, all of us wishing, waiting for love.

I love coldplay

on Dec. 24 2008 at 2:45 am
I agree with the both of you. Coldplay is great. However, this poem is better. It's AMAZING! :D I know it was painful for you to go through it, but the poem symbolizes what happened perfectly! I like it a lot and, Alli, you're almost as awesome as Coldplay (we both know nothing's as good as Coldplay, except Coldplay and pictures of the snow). I LOVE YOU!!! (and this poem)

myluvsong182 said...
on Dec. 9 2008 at 12:16 am
OMG COLDPLAY IS AWESOME!!! I can ttly relate 2 ur poem. My ex dumpd me a few weeks ago, and its been tough w/o him. this relates to me cuz i'm still hoping love will find me 2. :) write your heart out girl!