the ghost of you | Teen Ink

the ghost of you

November 18, 2008
By Anonymous

you left me here feeling abandoned...buried...and cold...sitting on the couch i keep seeing the ghost of you and me being happy and i cry...got off the couch to sit on the dinning table chair...putting my head down and falling half asleep...i dreamed of you still being here and me and you eating dinner...laughing and just being so in love with each other...but now you are gone..and no one is around to give me the comfort or let a shoulder to lean on...you';re gone, gone away...now all i do is wait for you...each and everyday hoping you would come back...i wake up thinking i heard the phone ringing when i pick up all i hear is the plain dial tone...and thinking you were calling..you were not to be found anywhere...how could you have done this to me...i bet i know where you are...but go ahead and have your fun...one day you're going to seek love and regret how much you threw my love for you away!

The author's comments:
this is inspired by someone who left me for someone he thought was better but...i kno that one day he will come running back to me...and i really hope i have the strength to tell him i ain't waiting around for him to come around no more!