goodbye | Teen Ink

goodbye

By littlemissbliss! SILVER, South Pasadena, California
littlemissbliss! SILVER, South Pasadena, California

Goodbye. Goodbye. Goodbye. So many to come if my dream comes true. Goodbye to those I love and to my petty enemies. Goodbye to those who will stay with me and those I will leave behind. Goodbye to the friends I never understood and the teachers I never liked. Goodbye to those I cannot live without. People often say that goodbyes aren’t sad unless there’s no hello in the future. But I say different. Goodbyes take a little something out of everyone involved. They take a breath, a moment, a thought, a step. A breath is lost when a goodbye is said and you know that you won’t see that person for a while. A moment is stolen when you linger, touching your hand to their shoulder, feeling like you never want to let go. A thought is used when you revisit that last second, the one where they turned to give you a smile, before they disappeared. And a step. A step is lost when you turn around, and stumble a little as you walk back into the crowd without the person who accompanied you on the way there. Goodbye. I will never forget you.

this piece is for all my friends and family. i dream every night and day about going to boarding school. this is what i'm talking about.

on Jul. 5 2009 at 4:05 am
xXxFallingTearsxXx GOLD, Cottonwood, Idaho
wow, this is really great!! I love it. I actually would like to go to boarding school, just so i could get away from everybody. I'd love it if you could check out some of mine too! thanks :)