Grandma | Teen Ink

Grandma

“люблю Вас''

(I love you)

“I’m happy I saw you when I did -I miss you!” Those were the words. The words of sadness coming with the company of tears. The last time, the last happy days that I was next to you. I know that now you are in a safe place called Heaven. I love you!

My diary was filled with these quotes. My grandma, Baba Ana, was everything to me. She was an idol, an inspiration. I knew she was dying but I couldn’t do anything about it. I wanted to help; I wanted to sit next to her forever until the last day.

I remember my baba Ana’s nice soft curly brown hair. Her voice the sound of bluebirds chirping a lovely melody. Her green eyes that I inherited are just simply the most beautiful eyes on earth. Her tall figure standing like a model ready to own the runway. Her warm lips with just the right amount of lipstick, ready to kiss me on my cheek. Her heart is a peace symbol only wanting nothing more than but that everybody around her to be happy.

August 27, that was the day. That day everything changed. My heart was broken, the pieces all over the floor, scattered in every direction possible. I didn’t know how this will end? How would this work out for me? Will I ever get over the fact? The fact that she’s gone. I was speechless.

That day was the most excruciating day of my life. Remembering that day brings my heart to a breaking point all over again. I was next to my baba Ana holding her hand, praying to god that she would be alright. I looked at the monitor as the green lines spread in all different directions. An hour passed as not one word has been said. Every second, the room felt like it was getting bigger and bigger. My mom bursting out a fountain of tears. “Beep, beep, beep” I looked at the monitor once more. No lines are spotted. Now knowing this is the day my life is going to change, I dashed out the door and ran to the car sobbing all the way there.

I remember the days, the days we spent together. We were together in the park, together at home, together forever. But forever is not the right word. You loved me and I loved you. You played with me, protected me, and most of all cared for me. In spite of what happened, you are part of my soul, part of my heart, and part of me! I LOVE YOU!!!

on Nov. 21 2008 at 12:51 am
First off, well done. There were some nitpicks here and there. There are certain places where you need to fix grammar and punctuation. Overall, though, good job.

aLeN said...
on Nov. 20 2008 at 11:50 pm
great job dude...

pjimmy92 said...
on Nov. 20 2008 at 8:22 pm
yo cuzz u did a really gud job i cong u on this and i there to be on your side

on Nov. 20 2008 at 4:01 am
robert P did a great job, it was an emotional poem with a great use of english skills!

Great job!

on Nov. 20 2008 at 4:00 am
that was so touching. i send my sympathy to u and ur family.

-Lisa from camp

on Nov. 20 2008 at 3:06 am
Great use of visual details. I could really imagine the whole scene in my head. Good Job :)