A Letter to the Boy I Never Kissed (Spoken Word) | Teen Ink

A Letter to the Boy I Never Kissed (Spoken Word)

By Karipop GOLD, Wilmington, North Carolina
Karipop GOLD, Wilmington, North Carolina

"I have a dream."- MLK Jr.

This is a letter to the boy I never kissed
I carried cherry chapstick on my lips
So when you would grab me and planted a big one on me
I could sneak in the back of your brain to remind you of a bicurious Katy Perry song and while thinking of her you'd call me pretty
And my chocolate lips covered in cherry colliding with you caramel composure would be the wonderful desert to sweet to bite into and break away
But my cherry lips are as red and fresh as five seconds ago when I applied it last, it is unmarred
You passed me again with a glare and snide remark
My cherry lips as red and fresh as the newest scars on my heart because ugly can't be covered in cherry
I still look like crap even when there's a cherry, red and fresh waiting to be consumed on top
You seemed to have noticed I am a girl even today you commented upon it
A man with boobs you said, with boobs you said with words as slick as a dewy sonnet
So sharp it glazed over my wrists spilling my cherry filling as you bit into my creamy griotte heart
I rise against the blade because the more cherry that escapes me covers the chocolate-flavored melanin you seem to hate even tough you must have browned even a bit to become the caramel you are with soft lips I've never kissed
I threw my cherry chapstick away and wiped it from my lips
Because it was obvious you were the boy I'd never kiss

joyashford BRONZE, West Chester, Pennsylvania

"We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving."

This is amazing ♥