Goodbye My Dearest Friend

Wind rushed through my hair.
Me, giving up on it all.
My heart pumped quickly.
The edge...the rough, rocky ground
so far below.
One single tear
fell into the
beautiful nothingness.

The thrill... the colors, and
my teary eyes.
My escape, my peace.

Sirens.

Her wave of sadness
washed over the cold
waiting room of the
hospital.
Her hands clutched a rosary tightly.
My own hands
had once clutched
the exact same one.

Me, lifted up
She cried and
i cried too.
I wrapped my arm around her
for comfort but
i was far away by then.
Goodbye,
My dearest friend.

GirlWithWings56 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That's a great poem; so sad but beautiful. I love it. Keep writing!

NolitaFairytale said...
Wow, that's intense stuff. Not the usual pretty flowers and happy lovers. Your word choice and ability to evoke emotion is excellent. Nice work!

Katie T. said...
Aug. 7, 2009 at 9:04 am
Amazing peice. i had to read it five times I loved it so much. So sad though. That's okay all I can write are sad poems. Mine are really dark. Your's are brighter and i love them.

Jaquie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 3, 2009 at 12:45 am
You definitely have talent. Wonderful piece. God bless, ...,

Katie.T. said...
This was very powerful! Great job

artofthedeath said...
Dec. 20, 2008 at 3:39 am
Amazing, how similar I find myself to you at some points as I read your writing. I mean, the same passion. As someone already commented, you write like it's your world. That's what I do as well. Never have I been so passionate about anything else. I hope to see more of your work. =D

theauthorofthispoem said...
Dec. 30, 2008 at 4:30 am
thanks so much "artofthedeath!" i am glad you enjoyed the poem. and i would love to read some of yours. hopefully you will see more of my work- i recently submitted a few more poems!

loving you said...
It's so sad. I had a similar experience except my friend pulled through. I can't write very well ,but you seem to write as if its your world. It's beautiful. Keep on writing girl!

curlyfries said...
Nov. 19, 2008 at 12:46 am
I love this poem and it is sad and beautiful at the same time. you are a great writer and I wish I could write as well as you do.