Lost on a Winter's Night | Teen Ink

Lost on a Winter's Night

February 22, 2014
By Vinyl GOLD, Mercer Island, Washington
Vinyl GOLD, Mercer Island, Washington
11 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We are not living unless we are creating" - "It isn't easy doing something significant in a world that, in the grand scheme of things, is so insignificant."


Trudging through the snow, the cool wind blows.
Darkness of night falls swift, and through the ice he did drift.
Accustomed to the freezing on his feet, his heart continued to quickly beat.
As snow stopped and turned to frost, the young boy feared he might be lost.
As angst grew, he pushed himself, through and through.
Looking up towards the sky, what started as whimper, turned to cry.
Once more he carried on with his trek, his tired head weighed down his neck.
Struggling in snow to stay afloat, the freezing air burned his throat.
Looking down at the ground, his own tracks he had found.
Silently he sat and sighed; at least he knew that he tried.
Despair on this night is all he felt, in search of the home that he once dwelt.
Before venturing once more into a prowl, the sad young wolf let out a howl.


The author's comments:
I wanted to write something with a bit of a twist. My goal was to make the character personified with the reader. I feel like conveyed emotion is stronger if you can really picture yourself in a situation rather than someone else.