The Song | Teen Ink

The Song

Katie, don’t cry I know you’re trying your hardest. And the hardest part is letting go….

A bad day would not describe the way I felt.
Moody, snippy, depressed, and no one saw it.
I felt alone to the extreme,
Even though I was surrounded by the people I love.

Of the nights we shared. Ocallah is calling and you know its haunting but compared to your eyes nothing shines quiet as bright, and when we look to the sky its not mine, but I want it so…

Sitting there on his bed I couldn’t help but want to cry.
I didn’t though.
I was strong.
I had to be strong for him.
He didn’t know what was wrong and I didn’t want him to worry.

Let’s not pretend like you’re alone tonight I know he’s there and your probably making eyes while across the room he stares. I bet he gets the nerve to walk the floor and ask my girl to dance, she’ll say yes….

I just sat and stared not thinking or moving.
I didn’t realize he was watching me.
He was watching me fall apart inside, watching something he had no control over.

Because these words were never easier for me to say or her to second guess, but I guess, that I can live without you but without you I’ll be miserable at best.

I didn’t see him turn to the stereo and pick up a disk.
I didn’t see how sad he was for me.
I didn’t see the love I usually do when I’m with him.

You’re all that I hope to find, in every single way and everything I would give, is everything you couldn’t take. Cause nothing feels like home, you’re a thousand miles away, and the hardest part of living is just taking breaths to stay. I know I’m good for something I just haven’t found it yet and I need it. So…

When I heard the first beginning notes I froze.
When I began to hear the lyrics, I turned.
When I saw his face and how concerned he was for me, I melted.

We sat staring at each other for what seemed like years.
He knew something was wrong.
It didn’t matter to him what it was, all he cared about was something was hurting me.
He slowly got up and walked toward the bed.

Because these words were never easier for me to say or her to second guess, but I guess, that I can live without you but without you I’ll be miserable at best

With his arms outstretched and my favorite song coming through the speaker,
I was finally happy.
I didn’t know it was him I was missing.
He made everything better.

And this will be the first time in a week that I’ll talk to you and I can’t speak. It’s been three whole days since I’ve had sleep, because I dream of his lips on your cheek. And I got the point that I should leave you alone but we both know that I’m not that strong and I miss the lips that made me fly, so….

With him beside me, I didn’t need to worry.
I was free to unburden myself on him.
I never knew someone could understand me so well.

We sat together for along time.
Past the length of the song, past dinner, past time for me to go home.
Finally I had someone who got me.
Someone who caught me and would never let me go.

I feel asleep on his shoulder.
Feeling happy and content for the first time all week.
I knew I couldn’t live without him
And I knew I didn’t have to.