look what you did to me | Teen Ink

look what you did to me

you say that you love me. you say that you care. but when it comes to showing it you are never there. i asked for you to forget me because i had already forgotten you. instead you caused more pain and hurt then i ever did to you. you made me cry you made me hurt. it was even hard to breath. becuase of you i lost years of my life i will never be able to repeat. and to think at one point in my life i use to call you dad.thinking about it now just seems to make me sad. so im done with you and all your lies im finally letting go. i wont be calling you dad anymore just thought i would let you know.

annexgreyz said...
on Nov. 11 2008 at 10:24 am
wow, that is an absolutely ahmazing poem! it says exactly how i feel, and I'm in the same position as you much of the time. In fact, the other day, I wrote something similar to yours, only not as good (actually, mine was pretty bad). keep it up! Its fabulous. And I'm sorry about the position you're in if its real life.

poetrylover said...
on Nov. 11 2008 at 12:52 am
I really liked your poem....At first I thought it was about like a lost love but when you said dad it really hit me...keep up the writing!