The Watching | Teen Ink

The Watching

November 3, 2008
By Anonymous

Standing within a circle full of people I see none. They are there watching,waiting for me to get done. They are listening observing all that they see. They do not speak,but I can feel their eyes saying "Please don't forget about me". I am afraid of people whose eyes is all I see. I escape the circle to leave them be. They say once you leave there is no turning back. I turned my back on my family,my pack. A decision I made that I will forever live to regret. I did not expect what was about to happen yet. As I look back, what stings the most is the tears coming out of their eyes. The disappointment as I walk away leaving them without any goodbyes. Or maybe it is because I left them there without caring where they would be. Or maybe it is because I'm alive and they are dying without me.


The author's comments:
Honestly I don't know what inspired me to write this poem. I just wanted to write a poem different from the last one I wrote. I like to expand my horizon when writing poetry. I like to write different kinds and styles. I hope that readers and writers will comment me on this poem and I hope they enjoy it. Thank you Teen Ink for giving me an opportuunity to send this poem to you. I hope to continue writing poetry for Teen Ink even if this poem does not make it into Teen Ink magazine. If it doesn't I will not give up. I will have a poem that will make it in the Teen Ink magazine. To all my readers and writers don't ever give up on your dreams. Always keep your head up. I thank you readers and writers for taking your chances and being heard. Good Luck with everything you do. Thank you all.