Ocean

The waves lap against the shore
As I leisurely walk along.
Where it leads me, I cannot be sure
For the stretch of water and sand seems endless.
Barefooted, I squish along,
Gazing at the beauty of the vast body of water.
The cool liquid tickles my feet
Then rapidly recedes to where it came.
The waves never stop coming and going,
Though the summer sun is setting.
I stare off into forever
Wondering where it all ends.

sasssgirrrl22 said...
this piece made me feel warm. It reminded me distinctly of summer and I could clearly see through the narrator's eyes. I have been reading some of your pieces, and I must say, thet just keep getting better. You are very, very good.

dreamer10023 said...
Nov. 27, 2009 at 11:51 am
i love this!

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is beautiful and you are very talented!
You used great imagery in this piece and I loved it!
Keep up the good work! Or should I say, Great Work! Awesome! Beautiful!

Batwoman said...
May 8, 2009 at 12:03 am
Wow that was so descriptive and amazing I loved it.

cariberry24 said...
Mar. 5, 2009 at 4:55 am
Thanks, I wrote this for an English assignment my freshman year of high school, which seems like forever ago! Ah, when I wrote this, I was thinking about what the rest of my life was going to be like. As a frosh, I had no clue what I would do, where I would go, who I would become. The world was one big mystery. But what baffled me even more was thinking that someone created all of this, this ocean- I have no idea where it begins or ends, it just disappears along the horizon. When the waves touch... (more »)

Bridie said...
Mar. 5, 2009 at 3:30 am
The poem its self is very visual. It definatly makes you think about where in your life are you going and how far will it take you. what was going through your thoughts when you wrote this peice?
P.S. Thanks for reading my poems I myself am surprised that people think they're so good since I only wrote them in the 5th grade. My writing has grown a lot since then.