Determined I Am | Teen Ink

Determined I Am

To live life not trying, I refuse
I can't go on, wanting to live life in someone else's shoes
The potential I possess, is sky high
Knowing I'm not giving my all, makes me cry
A reality check has walked its way into my mind
Making me realize, you only receive one time
If I fail, at least I know I tried
Not trying at all doesn't satisfy
Anything I pursue, my all will be given
The voice of success, has stricken
My time is taking place now

I'm a sophomore in highschool. Right now my number 1 priority is school, that's what I'm really focused on because college is right around the corner. My second priority is acting because I am an aspiring actress. My whole message to everybody is "Please don't let life pass you by, realize that this life you are living was given to you for a purpose, and people need to what they're purpose is, and fulfill it. Don't settle for the least, but the most, try to do your best in everything you do, because as long as you do that, you are surely guaranteed SUCCESS!

peaches41 said...
on Mar. 30 2009 at 1:58 am
this is an awesome poem you did an awesome job okay thank you you got my 100% there okay keep it up there okay.

valthor666 said...
on Dec. 8 2008 at 2:11 am
You are obviously very talented. I "of course" wish you the best! You "will" be a star! I love you very much!

Valthor666 said...
on Dec. 6 2008 at 1:29 am
Jasmine you are obviously a very talented young lady..you are of good stock obviously..a very intelligent mother and father..you "will" be a "star" it has been foretold by a very gifted psychic who was correct in many other predictions she made to me in Miami. Continue to use your brain and intuition to the utmost. I love you very much!

Mildred said...
on Dec. 3 2008 at 12:10 am
Jasmine, you are a fantastic young lady, Reach for the sky, if you believe it, you can achieve it. I am so very proud of you. Keep on keeping on.

Buddha said...
The words to this poem are incredible.Keep up the good work!You have a gift, and follow your dreams.

likaqueen said...
This poem was very inspirational. I will continue to pass it around so others may enjoy it as I have. What a wonderful piece!!

on Nov. 10 2008 at 2:09 am
Wow Jasmine this was very good I hope everyone else likes it because that was awesome.Big sis i hope they do put this in a magazine!Or should i say little sis because of height naw just kiddin'.Good job!

Blade said...
on Nov. 10 2008 at 12:48 am
I am touch by every single word in this beautiful poem written by a very beautiful young lady. Keep your head up!

snowman60411 said...
this is a very inspirational poem that was written by a sophmore in high school....me myself would have never thought of doing something like this even if i am a junior in high school...stuff like this comes from actually taking a step back and actually thinking about life