Determined I Am

To live life not trying, I refuse
I can't go on, wanting to live life in someone else's shoes
The potential I possess, is sky high
Knowing I'm not giving my all, makes me cry
A reality check has walked its way into my mind
Making me realize, you only receive one time
If I fail, at least I know I tried
Not trying at all doesn't satisfy
Anything I pursue, my all will be given
The voice of success, has stricken
My time is taking place now

peaches41 said...
Mar. 30, 2009 at 1:58 am
this is an awesome poem you did an awesome job okay thank you you got my 100% there okay keep it up there okay.

Mildred said...
Dec. 3, 2008 at 12:10 am
Jasmine, you are a fantastic young lady, Reach for the sky, if you believe it, you can achieve it. I am so very proud of you. Keep on keeping on.

Valthor666 said...
Dec. 6, 2008 at 1:29 am
Jasmine you are obviously a very talented young lady..you are of good stock obviously..a very intelligent mother and father..you "will" be a "star" it has been foretold by a very gifted psychic who was correct in many other predictions she made to me in Miami. Continue to use your brain and intuition to the utmost. I love you very much!

valthor666 said...
Dec. 8, 2008 at 2:11 am
You are obviously very talented. I "of course" wish you the best! You "will" be a star! I love you very much!

Buddha said...
The words to this poem are incredible.Keep up the good work!You have a gift, and follow your dreams.

likaqueen said...
This poem was very inspirational. I will continue to pass it around so others may enjoy it as I have. What a wonderful piece!!

JGreenBroadwayKid said...
Nov. 10, 2008 at 2:09 am
Wow Jasmine this was very good I hope everyone else likes it because that was awesome.Big sis i hope they do put this in a magazine!Or should i say little sis because of height naw just kiddin'.Good job!

Blade said...
Nov. 10, 2008 at 12:48 am
I am touch by every single word in this beautiful poem written by a very beautiful young lady. Keep your head up!

snowman60411 said...
this is a very inspirational poem that was written by a sophmore in high school....me myself would have never thought of doing something like this even if i am a junior in high school...stuff like this comes from actually taking a step back and actually thinking about life