Merry School day | Teen Ink

Merry School day

By Adam Leet BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
Adam Leet BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

The twenty first of December came quicker than anybody expected. It seemed like it was still Thanksgiving. Why the twenty first you ask? It was one of the most exciting things about
Christmas, Christmas break! So we could laugh, drink cocoa, and just spend quality time with
our friends and family… On the last day of school, this year there was something to look forward to, a Christmas celebration! They made an exception this year, we get to actually hang out and celebrate Christmas all day. Even though we are 7th and 8th graders, everybody looks forward to Christmas.

Everybody was so excited because it was the twentieth of December. That means tomorrow was the celebration… That night everybody wanted to get to bed early, just like it was Christmas, but instead it was a Christmas celebration the next morning, not presents, it could have been though by how everybody was so excited… The next morning everybody woke up and ate there breakfast as fast as they could so they could get to school.

When everybody got here, everybody had smiles on their faces and was ready to eat sugary delights and sip on cocoa. The best thing is that we got to do activities too. People were drawing themselves waking up on Christmas morning opening presents, people were drawing what they wanted for Christmas, or people were just sitting there talking and having a good time.

Everybody was having the best of times. Even with all of that there was another thing people
Were jittery about, the big fest, which was in this case lunch. There were so many rumors outsaying that it was going to be the best lunch of the school year. We were going to have ham and turkey and pretty much everything that people had on Thanksgiving, but more sweets. People wanted candy and cocoa but also wanted to save room for the lunch, or the feast.
It was only first period when we were eating our things….

Then second period came along and we played a fun filled game that was hard nut yet very fun.
We played a Christmas version of murder in the dark: Secret Santa in the dark. The object of the game would be to find out who was Santa. The secret Santa was chosen by the teacher, someone would turn out the lights and Santa would go around touching people and giving them gifts by tapping their stomach. Then that person would have a gift and sit down. When someone stumbled upon them someone say, “SECRET SANTA!” and someone would turn on the lights. People would start to accuse people of who Santa was. If someone was accused by a lot of people they would get a defense and then they would be asked if they really were Santa. They have to tell the truth, but if not then the person who got a gift is out for the game and watches.

So at the beginning of the game I was chosen as Santa. I went and gave a person a present and as soon as I did that someone yelled secret Santa and someone turned on the lights and I got called and ended up getting accused and the game was over that quickly…. After that third period rolled around and we just sat back and talked. I was talking with my friend Bill.
“Hey, Bill, are you going anywhere this break?” I asked.
“Not that I know of, no.” He replied.
“Oh that’s cool.” I said.
“Yeah I like hanging out with my family instead of going somewhere anyway.” He said.
We chatted all third period….

Sooner or later it was fourth period and everybody’s faces were so sore because we have been smiling all day. We all wanted to eat so badly. The meal of the year was going to be great…. Finally after waiting so long, the meal ready and we were heading down the hallway to go eat. We got there and no one held back when we were eating ham. It was amazing. Everybody would not eat anything for a long time. Like until Christmas morning. It was one of the best lunches or feasts that anyone had ever had.

The rest of the day was a breeze. We played games, ate some more snacks, and just hung out. It was a great holiday celebration. Even though this was the last time that they will most likely ever have a celebration for a certain holiday, it was a great final one. I will cherish this celebration for as long as I celebrate Christmas, which will be forever.

Happy Holidays!