Star Analogy

If friends were stars,
The one closest to you is the North Star: always there, dependable, and bright.
The friends that are good for you that you should have are the stars that make up the constellations: mapping out the events of your life.
The friends you seem to always pick are shooting stars: amazing one second and gone the next.

MelanieLouise This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 9, 2010 at 10:38 am
creative analogy :) keep writing, Mel oh and check out some of my work, i would love to hear what you think.

xovanillatwilightxo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 29, 2010 at 10:05 am
this is so true and relatable, i loved it! it reminds me of that quote "friends are like stars: you don't always see them, but you always know theyre there" check out my work if you want:)

celloizmylife said...
I can understand this and relate, but I don't think I have any constellations, and definitely not a North Star.

Morgan L. said...
Sept. 1, 2009 at 7:02 am
so true! most of us don't want to admit it, but yes you nailed it! great job :)

JaseC replied...
Oct. 26, 2009 at 1:12 am
hey, i loved this.
i wrote a short story and i know you've read my stuff before and id like you to check it out and let me know.

Batwoman said...
May 8, 2009 at 12:04 am
That was so amazing it's how I feel about my friends.

sftbll92chic said...
i loved it! great job!=)

Bridie said...
Mar. 5, 2009 at 3:35 am
The description of a friend that you used is original and I love that about your poems. I wrote about friendship once in 6th grade except I focused on the people who are'nt your friends instead. I applaued you on another job well done!