Untitled Prose | Teen Ink

Untitled Prose

The wind whips around my sun-kissed hair as we travel down this beaten path. Our final destination a mystery to me, but your coy smile hints you know where your hand is leading me. The air is brisk, for summer is coming to a close. "We're almost there," you gently whisper in my ear, sending shrills up and down my neck. I look up at the winding trail, curiosity itching its way into my mind. You give my hand a slight squeeze, bringing my focus back to you. Those sea foam eyes get me every time you know, it's impossible to look away. You quicken your pace, sending a slight rush throughout my veins. As we turn the final corner, a mere gasp escapes my hushed breath. The beauty of the scene before me, indescribable. Close to the most breathtaking thing I've ever seen, second only to those eyes of yours. The setting sun casts shadows of pink and purple deep across the sky as we look out over the Bunyan trees. We sit on a broken rock and watch the silent forest below us. You wrap me up in your sweatshirt, and once again lean in, whispering sweet nothings in my ear as the rest of the world begins to fade away.