Diseased Touch This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Ironically, the walls were yellow.
As the days passed, the unbroken flat color
Forced its way into my retinas
Until I saw even the nurses
Through a film of gold.

As I lay in the stillness
I felt my soul dig slowly through my body
Starting at the base of my spine and gently
Burrowing up my throat.
My soul was a lump of gold.

I could barely discern
Whether I was living in the real world
Or if I had left my being
Deep under the soft earth.
Miners will find me when they search
for gold.

I am surrounded by a cocoon of silence.
I feel the brush of clothes against my skin
And the dry hum of a mass of tongues
Vibrating, Rattling
But I am afraid to reach out. They will
turn to gold.

stillheartlessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 2:03 pm:
This is really amazing. I had always seen yellow as a very happy color and that's how most people write about it so it was really cool to see a different perspective!

JRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 18 at 2:14 pm:
This is such a beautiful representation of being sick, wheither it's the flu or cancer, or were you using it as a metephore for something else? I don't think you are, but then again I'm not much of a poet :) Eitherway, I absolutely loved it, and congratz on the publication! Really beautiful peice

GreyGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 23 at 9:52 pm :
Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.