Because Of Me | Teen Ink

Because Of Me

By Marybery15 GOLD, Everett, Massachusetts
Marybery15 GOLD, Everett, Massachusetts

"You have to want it, to achieve it"

Because of you, I carry this baggage of feelings. How do I let out my frustrations and anger? I've put myself in this position. I have let hurt and pain get to me. It has gotten to the point where I pass my hurt and pain to others. Others like family friends and especially my brother. Hurt and pain builds up in me until I explode, explode with anger and thoughts. Thoughts of hatred and anger. They go through me like cops trying to find FBI's most wanted, fast but sneaky. Those thoughts want to control me, and I let them control me, mistake number 1. Anger gets into me like a strike of lighting. I let t get to me, and when I open my eyes, the world around me is destroyed. Mistake number 2. Anger has once agian found its way. It's way into my voice. Talking is yelling. Yelling turns into ugly, explosive words. Words that make a hole in one's heart. Words that are never forgotten, mistake number 3. "Because of you"should be "Because of me"because I have choicen the wrong path, mistake number 4.

I wrote this poem because at that momment I was mad at myself. I was mad at all the mistakes I have made in my life, even though im still young. I hope people read between the lines of this poem, because if you do, you will understand it even more.