You and me

What happened to the friendship between you and me?
For the bond I thought we had I can no longer see.
I don’t blame you nor do I blame me.
Because, the truth I can not yet see.
We’ve been though many bumps on the road.
And everyone said it’s getting old.
I could sit here for days on in and ask myself, “Why me, why me?”
But that would be a waste of time don’t you agree?

Now I sit here and think about what I just said.
And wished I would have kept it in my head.
For everyday I feel differently about you.
I truly think this is an issue.
But what can I do?

I am now trying to think of a solution to our problem.
Or maybe it isn’t a problem.
Maybe it will just be another bump on the road.
Or maybe we are both standing at a crossroad.
Honestly, I am starting to think I am being a little dramatic.
I guess I’m just trying not to panic.

Alright I think it is time for me to stop being so blind.
You see I’ve finally made up my mind.
There is no Cupid.
And sometimes I can be really stupid.
So I thank you for your time.
And I hope I didn’t bother you with my little rhymes.
So I am closing and sealing this poem.
Oh one more thing before I leave,
Please, what ever you do, don’t forget me

dina said...
ohh:) lovely poem and this line ''Or maybe we are both standing at a crossroad'' i like it very much :) keep writing poems you're great.

David said...
i love your poem i think its just awesome you are a great poet i really enjoyed reading your work.

david123 said...
i loved it u are really great at writing poetry keep at it.

hanore said...
OMG U already know I LOVE ur poetry girl but I'll say it again.... I LOVE UR POETRY!!!!!!!!!! lol I hope u win!!!!! (u know u will) b/c ur awesome at writing!!!!!!! ^_^
Hanore

kiki456 said...
Dec. 4, 2008 at 2:22 am
hey bri its ur bff chloe i love the poem and congrats for getting it on the front page!!!!!!!!!!!

DaretoDream said...
Oh wow. This is so lovely. It brought tears to my eyes. Incredibly well written. There was a comment on it being so straightforward, but I like that aspect of it. After all it really was meant to be straghtforward was it not? Well anyway thats just my opinion. Congratulations on such a great poem.

bbforever1 said...
I LOVE IT!!!!
:)

SM said...
I love your poetry, it's so open and full of life :)

AJ said...
wow that was awesome

G.Hos-T said...
Hi1 i saw your comment on my poem " RE: Myspace" . thank you so much for the compliments, now it's my turn to give you feedback. Wow, i love the imagery and emotions put into this poem. I suck at rhyming, but you pulled it off pretty well. I think a lot of us can relate to this poem. I;m going through the same thing as well! loved it <3 kepp it up :)

mymymymymypoem said...
SO GOOD =)

Megan said...
Nov. 13, 2008 at 12:50 am
I am not going to comment on the rhyming pattern or anything like that because it was amazing! I think the words flowed perfectly and i can tell the meaning behind it as well! Great Job!

pinky666444 said...
i thought it was great i really liked it

samantha4eva said...
OMG BRI that was really good. i hope that it gets published in a book or a magazine or something because that poem could be used 2 reunite a different relationship. idk if u have read this one 2 me before but if u did i did not take in all of the brilliant similes and metaphors!!! cant wait to read another one of your poems, your friend Samantha!☺

xnxunit said...
Nov. 11, 2008 at 2:04 am
l think is a quiet alright, but you have to make it a lil bit challenging so people will think about it for a while to get what you are saying, this is straight forward

IAmNotAlive said...
I liked this poem! :)

Bladesinger6640 said...
Not sure what kind of comment you are looking for but I will give both sides. It was a very good poem – I liked it – It seemed more of a letter but intimate and real – introspective and yet timidly raw  all in all again I liked it If you are looking for constructive Crit, on a personal level the things that threw me were hmmmmmm First part GREAT – although after I got to “don’t you agree” it seemed like it should ... (more »)

BFF said...
I say it Bri!!! YAY~~~!!!! GO YOU!!!

justusr said...
About a qaurter of the way through the poem I thought that it had no meter, or an erratic meter, and the rhyme scheme fluctuated and was forced. Then, halfway through, I sensed a tone of helplessness that comes from that moment when one realizes that a friendship is not just on the brink of trouble...but that it is about to end completely. I read to the end and found a nice bit of reality: we know when these things will end, but we never want them to end. We want, at least, for that one perso... (more »)

a;ljfa;lksdfj said...
IT starts off rhyming and then ends? it needs a little more rythym or somthing