Addiction

By , Hermiston, OR
It’s my life,
It’s who I am,
It’s my addiction,
It takes all my pain away.
It’s my love when I can’t find any,
When I can’t take life anymore
I turn to it as if it’s a drug,
As if it’s my long lost brother.
When I try to get through the day,
And can’t,
It’s my best friend,
My salvation.
But my God is my salvation not this thing.
It’s been a year since I turned to it,
But when I can’t take life I have to choose between
God or the razor blade.
It’s so hard,
The blade is right here in front of me,
And God is…right here to.
God please help me walk away from this addiction.
From cutting into my flesh.

blindangel12321 said...
Aug. 7, 2011 at 5:31 am
I am 19 and am a drug addict. I also am addicted to self-harm by cutting. I was wonderin if you have gotten better and recovered from your addiction to cutting? If you have, then that is really amazing and you should b proud of yourself. If you have not, then just know that you are not alone and there is always someone to talk to or help. You can always msg me :)

writer freak replied...
Yes I have over come this...but it is just like a drug...never know when it will come up again...having to choose between never doing it again...or doing it "just one more time" to realize you didn't start over again you only started where you ended the last time. Don't put a wall up against this addiction because once you do, you can no longer help your self. Break that wall down and don't be afraid to tell it, "You have no control over me." God Bless you and hope all goes well.

LadyyNaii418 said...
This was beautiful and I hope other teens who suffer from this same addiction can read this poem and turn away from it!

writerfreak replied...

Thank you so much! That really means a lot to me that is what I want it to do...help others!

Joy