Addiction | Teen Ink

Addiction

It’s my life,
It’s who I am,
It’s my addiction,
It takes all my pain away.
It’s my love when I can’t find any,
When I can’t take life anymore
I turn to it as if it’s a drug,
As if it’s my long lost brother.
When I try to get through the day,
And can’t,
It’s my best friend,
My salvation.
But my God is my salvation not this thing.
It’s been a year since I turned to it,
But when I can’t take life I have to choose between
God or the razor blade.
It’s so hard,
The blade is right here in front of me,
And God is…right here to.
God please help me walk away from this addiction.
From cutting into my flesh.

When I was 15 years old. I started cutting. It became an addiction. If I got mad or angry or couldn't take life anymore. It was what I ran to even though I am a Christian. I didn't run to God even though I should of. Back than I didn't see what he could do for me. I don't know if you (the reader) believe in God. But there is always a way to get away from an addiction. Mine was finding God and letting him have it.

writer freak said...
on Aug. 14 2011 at 4:16 pm
Yes I have over come this...but it is just like a drug...never know when it will come up again...having to choose between never doing it again...or doing it "just one more time" to realize you didn't start over again you only started where you ended the last time. Don't put a wall up against this addiction because once you do, you can no longer help your self. Break that wall down and don't be afraid to tell it, "You have no control over me." God Bless you and hope all goes well.

on Aug. 7 2011 at 5:31 am
blindangel12321 BRONZE, Saskatoon, Other

"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest person you can always trust to be dishonest - honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they are going to do something incredibly stupid" - Jack Sparrow

I am 19 and am a drug addict. I also am addicted to self-harm by cutting. I was wonderin if you have gotten better and recovered from your addiction to cutting? If you have, then that is really amazing and you should b proud of yourself. If you have not, then just know that you are not alone and there is always someone to talk to or help. You can always msg me :)

writerfreak said...
on Sep. 15 2010 at 3:36 pm

Thank you so much! That really means a lot to me that is what I want it to do...help others!

Joy

LadyyNaii418 said...
on Sep. 14 2010 at 5:26 pm
This was beautiful and I hope other teens who suffer from this same addiction can read this poem and turn away from it!