Thank You

As a tear runs down my cheek,
I stifle back my cries.
I feel so feeble and weak,
Even though you're the one that dies.

In the ground you lay,
Mourners stand by your grave.
You're in a better place, they say.
Why did you have to be so brave?

You were in the military,
Fitting in the war.
It must have been very scary,
That I know for sure.

You took a bullet for your country,
Fighting in a different land.
In order for us to be free,
You made your final stand.

Now we're all gathered here,
Strangers are with us, too.
The reason we all came is clear,
We just want to say "Thank you!"

im_awesomeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20 at 4:09 pm:
this is awesome!!! and its this weekend. i just want to print it with your name, give it to my grandpa, and have him read it to his group, the navy!!!

Basketball23 replied...
today at 1:08 pm :
I'm glad you enjoyed it!  You can gladly print it out and have him read it.  My name is Lindsey.

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hmm.. my commment didnt post... oh, well. If you see the same basic comment twice, its because one was delayed. I said, though, that this was good. It saddening, and very moving, i can feel myself being pulled into the speakers numbness. It has a very.... broken feel to it. Like his/her world was shattered by this particular soldiers death. I am alway grateful to see stuff like this. I always find myself forgeting our troops serving over seas, and it feels wrong that a even a day should goo by w... (more »)

Basketball23 replied...
Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:05 am :
Thank you so much!

Basketball23 said...
Jun. 8, 2013 at 10:22 am:
Thank you :)

sherberteaterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 8, 2013 at 12:00 am:
Love it!!! Like always. I love your work.