Dance with the Devil

I dance with the devil
Waltzing back and forth
Bringing me down to his level
And killing my self worth

And everything joins us
Dancing this dance
The devil and I coalesce
In an unhealthy romance

I fall for depression as though I’ve been kissed
Always coming back for more
Swiftly the blade dances across my wrist
And the blood across the floor

The fire inside me fades away
The smoke dances around the room
Never again to see the light of day
And the darkness starts to consume

The dance comes close to an end
And the light flickers out
They say that I did condescend
As the devil twirled me about

flatcap12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
holy crap. i know that feeling. it's beautifully written; the symbolism and personification is epic. keep writing, i'd love to see more.

Scarlett_the_pegacorn said...
Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:20 am
Absolutely love this. Very descriptive. Erie. Gave me a new word to look up...coalesce...fancy! ;D 

sarahrose314 replied...
Thank you!! I'm glad that you like it. And, I haven't known the word coalesce for more than a month know. ;)

xxStileszz said...
Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:09 am
This is raelly good. I feel that I can relate to this.

TheRepulsiveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is pretty dope, although the theme being a cliche, you captured my attention to actually read te rest of the poem with the lines, 'And everythins joins us doing this dance'' simply amazing

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I can't express how much I love this. It's simply amazing :P sad, but relatable, and emotional.....you captured a gruesome reality in a way that is both beautiful and striking. I love the metaphor about dancing with the devil! Sooooo creative :D

AhtmahKhalsa said...
Great Work! Keep it up!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. I love reading this. The metaphors and personification, I mean they're mind blowing. It's sad to picture, but it happens everyday. This is a beautiful poem. It pictures an unforgettable scene.